Author Topic: Is anyone researching the Perram family?  (Read 3936 times)

Jeannie in Spain

Is anyone researching the Perram family?
« on: Friday 12 November 04 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to find out information about the Perram family in London in the 19th C. and have noticed that there a quite a few Perrams in the Devon area.

Is anyone researching this family in Devon, I would like to know if there could be a link.

thanks

Jeannie

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone researching the Perram family?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 November 04 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello. Im not researching Perram but I have looked at Perriam/Peryam. Could be your Perram name is derived from this.
 They are an old Devon family of Crediton and Exeter
This link is interesting

http://www.creditonparishchurch.org.uk/Peryam.html

I live in Exeter and I'd be happy to look stuff up for you. The record office has just been moved and I havnt figured out where it is yet, but I will!
I looked at them because of a Pomeroy+ Peryam marriage in Brixham in the 16th C.
 :)
Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall

Offline tracer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone researching the Perram family?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 November 04 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi!
I am interested in the PERHAM family - a John PERHAM (born around 1815 in Yarcombe) Do you have anything? He married a Mary ???
Just wondering.
Tracer ???
Cole, Richardson, Ground, Herrenden: Cambridgeshire; Fooks, Hodder, Needell: Dorset; Perham, Wilson: Somerset and  Devon. Farrell: Perth Canada;