Author Topic: Luxon - Advice please  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Jayne

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Grt Grandfather David Benjamin Redding 1st left
    • View Profile
Luxon - Advice please
« on: Saturday 04 November 06 19:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am helping a friend research her family from Jersey with the surname of Luxon, her Great Grandfather Arthur Luxon was a Jurat from 1934 - 1936c.

My question is how can we search and find any Photographs of him during his time as a Jurat in his robes,  who would I contact to achieve this. Any advice would be most appreciated

Many thanks
Jayne ;)
London / Middlesex - Redding, Gazzard, Tampling, Wickings, Hicks, Burgess, Brooke, Pink, Tofft / Toft Dawson, Hosling, Hunter
Kent - Burgess, Muchmore
Lincolnshire - Jackson, Watson, Holmes, Smith, Winter, Renshaw,Banks, Dobson, Cawdron, Cox , Scott,

Offline Mike E

• Email notifications have been turned off
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Luxon - Advice please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 November 06 18:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jayne -

If you go to the Jersey Heritage Trust website at http://jerseyheritagetrust.jeron.je/name.html  and enter the name Luxon you will see they hold a range of documents that may be of interest.  If you wish I can obtain copies. 

There is no photograph of Arthur Luxon in his robes on file, as far as I can see, but you could try the Judicial Greffe - tel. 01534 502300 to see if they can help.

Mike
Entwistle (Bolton and Edgworth)
Cook(e) (Manchester and Warwicks)
Whitaker (Lancs and Cumberland)
McMillen and Palmer (Co Down)
Hyde and Oakley (Staffs)
Lovet, Edwards and Clark (Salop)
Ratcliffe, Walker and Ruffley (Lancs)
Sainsbury (Gloucs, Cornwall and Yorks)
Laundry (Cornwall)
Waterhouse and Haigh (Yorks)
Bird, Rendel / Rendle, Bull, Stoodley, Shoemake / Shoemark, Groves, Baker, Hallett, Burford, Gaylard, Mounter, Highmore (Somerset)
Barber, Brown (Cheshire)
Waterfield (Derby)

Offline Jayne

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Grt Grandfather David Benjamin Redding 1st left
    • View Profile
Re: Luxon - Advice please
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 November 06 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike
Thank you for your help, I will have a look round, and may take you up on your offer
Thanks
Jayne
London / Middlesex - Redding, Gazzard, Tampling, Wickings, Hicks, Burgess, Brooke, Pink, Tofft / Toft Dawson, Hosling, Hunter
Kent - Burgess, Muchmore
Lincolnshire - Jackson, Watson, Holmes, Smith, Winter, Renshaw,Banks, Dobson, Cawdron, Cox , Scott,