Author Topic: Tyzack  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Silas

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Tyzack
« on: Saturday 04 November 06 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Looking for anyone with the surname Tyzack in their tree either in the UK or Australia.

Silas
Harrison, Clarkson, Tyzack, Margerrison, Wigglesworth

Offline JasonMcF

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tyzack
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 November 06 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Silas,

My great-great-great Grandfather is William TYZACK. He arrived in South Australia 1840-04-17 on Warrior from London 1839-11-17 via Plymouth 1839-11-27. I retrieved this information from the South Australian Passenger and Shipping Lists on the Internet (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~leadbeater/passengerlists/).

Some time after arrival in Australia he married Mary Ann KEYSER.

I do have some more information about him, just not at hand at the moment. I can post more later.

I have also posted a lookup request because I do not have any information about when he was born or where in the UK he was from.

Regards,
Jason McFarlane

Offline Silas

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 November 06 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jason.

regarding the Tyzacks.  I have not got very far with them.  I have hit a brick wall!!  My gt grandmother was Mary Ann Tyzack, daughter of Frederick Charles Tyzack born in 1826 in Aberford, Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK.  I have hit a brick wall because it seems that Frederick Charles was illegitimate - his mother's name only being recorded - she was also named Mary Ann Tyzack.

I do know that somebody from the Tyzacks must have gone to Australia, because I am in touch with ancestor's offspring in Victoria, South Australia from the Clarkson side of my family (my gt grandmother married a Clarkson) and they say thereare relatives there by the name of Tyzack.

I will contact them and see what more I can find out about  the Tyzacks in Victoria.  I will get in touch if I find out any more info.  Sorry not to be able to help more.

Silas

Offline Silas

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 November 06 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Jason.  I have emailed rellies in Australia, but am sorry to have to tell you that they know nothing more than I do, which is very little.  Sorry I can be of no help.  If ever I do knowck down my brick wall, I will let you know.  Good luck.

Silas

Offline Ghobhainn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 September 08 22:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Silas, have you tried www.tyzack.net/ there's also a link at this site to Bruce Tyzack's page for Australia. Best of luck.
Tyzack/Tyzick: Sheffield Yorkshire ENG,
Wishaw Lanarkshire SCOT;
Smith: Clifton Conisbrough Yorkshire ENG,
Cromarty shire & Cadder Lanark SCOT.
Firth: Doncaster & Rotherham Yorkshire ENG;
Morrison: Rutherglen & Cadder Lanark SCOT;
McGuire: Shotts West Lothian SCOT;
Mark(s): Tyrone & Antrim IRE &
Balfron Stirling, Paisley Renfrew SCOT.