Author Topic: Nixon Family  (Read 3279 times)

Offline Frederick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Nixon Family
« on: Friday 12 November 04 18:52 GMT (UK) »
I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has any research on the Nixon family from Leek,Staffordshire.
I would interested to hear from anyone researching the Nixon family in and around Leek,Staffordshire

Offline ryan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • (Pictured) My G-G Grandfather Thomas John Hill.
    • View Profile
Re: Nixon Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 November 04 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Dear Frederick,
I have a handful of Nixons who conect with my Fereday ancestors. They were chiefly from the potteries in Stoke, but none from Leek I'm afraid. If you have any Nixon interests in this area please PM me some time and I can send you the email addy of a distant relation of mine who has been researching his Nixon heritage in Staffordshire for a number of years now.

Good luck with your research and best wishes!!

:)
HILL/BURKE/BELCHER/BIGNELL/BADHAM/COX/BLAKE/YELDHAM in London
HOPKINS/HART/MATTHEWS/MUNSON/FARLEY in Exeter & Mid Devon
FEREDAY in The Potteries & Tipton
ADAMS/MUSCUTT/ELSBY/BRIDGENS/BURKE/BELL/RAINBOW in The Potteries
O’CALLAGHAN/O’BRIEN in Cork
BURKE/FITZPATRICK in Birmingham
HOPKINS in Shaftesbury
YELDHAM/RAVEN/MUNSON/BIGNELL in Essex
BLAKE/CHANDLER in Wickham Market, Suffolk

Offline Frederick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Nixon Family
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 14 November 04 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ryan,
                 Many thanks for your message.
                 I have two references to Milton,Stoke on Trent from my research:-
       (1) Percy Nixon (Born 1905 in Leek) lived in Milton with his wife Gladys Esther ?.Percy died in 1940 at Dunkirk.
       (2) Nellie Nixon (Born 1898 in Leek) married John Bowyer from Milton in 1917.
                Hope this may be of some help.
                My own research has been to trace the descendants of John Nixon born about 1810 in Derby( fathers name was George).Most lived in or around Leek area.If your distant relation has any research which includes John Nixon ,I would be pleased to hear from him.

Good luck  with your research and thank you again for contacting me.

Best Wishes

Frederick
I would interested to hear from anyone researching the Nixon family in and around Leek,Staffordshire