Author Topic: helena tranter  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Deesea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
helena tranter
« on: Sunday 05 November 06 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello, can anyone fill in some gaps for me. I am looking for a Helena Tranter. Don't know where she was born but do have her wedding certificate. It states that her father was James Tranter and that she was 17 at time of marriage. She married my g.g.grandpa Thomas Cushion on 30th march 1891 at the St. Martins Roman Catholic church in Red Hill South Australia. I have their wed cert. and the list of their four children. I can't find a birth for her here in oz or overseas. I also can't find her death so far.
If Helena or her dad James rings a bell for anyone I would be so appreciative to hear from you.

Regards Donna

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: helena tranter
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 November 06 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Donna

Welcome to RootsChat.

If your lass was born outside Australia there may be some immigration records which may give some information on when she arrived and where she was from. I am not familiar with SA records, but I know in the eastern states marriage certificates usually give where born & death certificates give length of time in Australia.

There is a RootsChat board for immigrants to Australia & a number of folks on there are familiar with SA records - could be worth posting your query there.

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 November 06 09:40 GMT (UK) »
I have looked through birth indexes for England and Wales 1872-1875, but no birth of a Helena Tranter registered anywhere in those years.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Deesea

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 November 06 01:17 GMT (UK) »
Liz thanks for that. Unfortunately S.A. records are not that good. They give an age, status and fathers name if you are lucky. Thanks anyway
Donna

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 24 November 06 01:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It may be worth your while looking on the Emigrants to Australia board - there is a topic about Tranters in South Australia and mentions a 'Helena'

Cheers
cando

Not sure if this is the correct way to link you to the topic but will give it a go
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,197399.0.html

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk