Author Topic: Llanbadarn Municpial Cemetery, Aberystwyth  (Read 11422 times)

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Llanbadarn Municpial Cemetery, Aberystwyth
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 September 10 16:17 BST (UK) »
On my last visit to the municipal cemetery, about a year ago, the large books have been replaced by computer records.    I'm sure the books are around but on request I was given print outs of all the relevant information of the burials.   These even included the depth of burial and in the case of multiple burials the various depths.   This in addition to all the normal information - name, address, date of burial, age etc and in some instances date of death.

Not as traditional as previously but very useful.

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 August 11 15:50 BST (UK) »
A quick update...........the Aberystwyth Municipal Cemetery records are now available on the internet on
http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=15756

Best of luck, Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 August 11 15:57 BST (UK) »
On the previous link if you click on Cemetery Locations to the left, details of cemetery layout, location and aerial photos are available.   In addition a database search is available.

Dave

Offline chancery

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 17:27 BST (UK) »
I understand that the old record books are now to be found at the Ceredigion Archives.   The archives are being moved to the old Town Hall, so the staff is probably very busy packing or unpacking now (April 2012).   A letter addressed to the Ceredigion Archives, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 should find them - Aber. is a small town.

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 03 April 12 18:06 BST (UK) »
That's a bit of news.   Last time I was in Aber they were in the old Queen's Hotel.   I take it they are now moving to the 'new' old Town Hall at the end of Portland Street.   If you were a young clerk in the late 50s early 60s Chancery, we may be of an age.   I finished in Ardwyn in 1960 prior to Uni.   Send me a PM if that's the case.   The earlier link I posted on the cemetery is brilliant and I found the locations of many relatives that were previously unknown.

Dave

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 20 April 13 11:00 BST (UK) »
Further to my last post the following cemetery databases may be accessed on the internet - Aberystwyth, New Quay, Lledrod, Cardigan and Cefn Llan by following the link.....
http://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=15756

Dave