Author Topic: Webster family  (Read 9227 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Webster family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 01 September 19 11:35 BST (UK) »

Newtownbarry – St Mary’s Church
Baptisms 1799–1903
Marriages 1799–1903
Burials 1799–1903

has Dormers and Websters

https://www.ireland.anglican.org/cmsfiles/pdf/AboutUs/library/AngRecord/NTBFerns/NTB_complete_to_1903.pdf
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 01 September 19 11:37 BST (UK) »

Offline genecolm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 September 19 13:30 BST (UK) »
This is a terrific resource I was unaware of, many thanks!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 02 September 19 14:35 BST (UK) »

No problem!

Offline KristyT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 09:53 BST (UK) »
I myself am interested in Margaret Agnes Webster who was born at Ballykeenan in 1888 to John Webster and Jane Dormer(?), she did a maths degree at TCD and married a man called Stringer, dying in Australia in 1955.

I am looking for some information about a family named Webster who moved to Co Carlow in about 1850 to lease a farm called Ballykeenan near Myshall.  I know that there was Henry Wbester who was married to Agnes Low.  Can anyone help me with either information from the 1851 census or 1861?  Myself and another researcher have hit a brick wall and would appreciate the assistance.
Thanks
BoBo

Hi, I am a descendant of Margaret Agnes Webster. She and Archie Stringer had 4 children, one of which is still living. I would love to learn more about her.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Kristy1 and welcome.
As you can see several of these posts are quite old but the posters might still receive emails.

It would be best to tell us what you already know and what you would like to know when you say you want to learn more about her.  :)

Regards
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 13:20 BST (UK) »
Welcome also from me to RootsChat  :)

I myself am interested in Margaret Agnes Webster who was born at Ballykeenan in 1888 to John Webster and Jane Dormer(?), she did a maths degree at TCD and married a man called Stringer, dying in Australia in 1955.

Here she is in the 1911 census in Carlow town.
Residents of a house 10 in Rathnapish Urban (part of) (Carlow Urban, Carlow)
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Carlow/Carlow_Urban/Rathnapish_Urban__part_of_/310641/
She's down as an undergraduate at Trinity College, Dublin.

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 19:35 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am a descendant of Margaret Agnes Webster. ............ I would love to learn more about her.

Here she is as Maggie A. in the 1901 census.
Residents of a house 3 in Ballykeenan (Shangarry, Carlow).
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Carlow/Shangarry/Ballykeenan/1042817/

Ballykeenan townland
https://www.townlands.ie/carlow/forth/barragh/shanganny/ballykeenan/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline KristyT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 23:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Kristy1 and welcome.
As you can see several of these posts are quite old but the posters might still receive emails.

It would be best to tell us what you already know and what you would like to know when you say you want to learn more about her.  :)

Regards
Heywood

Thank you. Margaret Agnes Webster, she died in Australia in 1955 in an apparent bus accident and is buried in Melbourne. I've been unsuccessful in finding where she was buried, and any information about the accident. She completed a BA in Mathematics, but I was told by family that she completed a masters degree and was a teacher, so it would also be good to have this verified and to find out where she taught. She met Archie Stringer during travel back to England and they married. They settled in a small country town in regional Victoria, Australia on a soldier settlement block that was offered to or applied for by Archie as a sheep wool classer. They raised 4 children. One of whom is my grandmother who passed away last year, 2020.