Author Topic: Rootschat Member of the month!!!  (Read 3634 times)

Offline smeghead

• RootsChat Veteran
  • PINK FLOYD
    • View Profile
Rootschat Member of the month!!!
« on: Monday 06 November 06 21:13 GMT (UK) »
If there was a member of the month these 2 rootschat members Should win it  Jointly, GADGET and MONICALESL I was most impressed with the effort these 2 rootschat members went to to help me out in what I new was a Shot in the dark. I did not have much to go on only a person in a picture and where it was taken even that was a bit sketchy. But these 2 persisted in trying there hardest for me to trace a Charles Taylor for me. I do know most rootschat members are very Helpful but these 2 went that bit extra. Perhaps Trystan could organise a member of the month to the most helpful Member ???

Jim
Jeves, Sparkes, Downton, Chaney, Digby, Jenkins, Taylor, Hiscock, NOAKE, McCabe, Harman, Cuffay, Lloyd, Jamieson Lister,Rimmer,Kryten, Kochanski, Holly                                            Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rootschat Member of the month!!!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 November 06 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Well done both - what a nice accolade!

:) 8)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 November 06 21:23 GMT (UK) »
Perhaps Trystan could organise a member of the month to the most helpful Member

I think that would be a bit diffy, as there are so many of them.  However, well done Gadget and Monicalesl for your persistance.

Su
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 November 06 21:27 GMT (UK) »
I was about to say the same thing Su. There are lots of helpers and lookers up who try and try. Monica and I worked as a team on Jim's problem which shows how two heads, etc.

Thanks you for your kind words Jim but I ain't finished with your Charles yet - I have another avenue to explore  ;)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Sisterjane

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Castle Hill Huddersfield...Im Here..Where are They
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 November 06 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Well done from me too....

WELL DONE BOTH OF YOU[/size][/color]

Joe
Kershaw, Longbottom,Parvin
Areas  Huddersfield, Brighouse, Rastrick ,Thirsk, Sand Hutton
Masters in London/Surrey
Cencus information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 November 06 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Yes well done to you both its great to get a feed back from someone when you struggle for months looking for a lost rellie's and help too with the photos keep it up
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline smeghead

• RootsChat Veteran
  • PINK FLOYD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 November 06 21:54 GMT (UK) »

I think that would be a bit diffy, as there are so many of them.  However, well done Gadget and Monicalesl for your persistence.

Su

Su, There are so many Helpfull members  And I would like to thank anyone thats helped me in the past. but these 2 deserved to be mentioned and maybe next month someone Else may go that bit extra

Jim
Jeves, Sparkes, Downton, Chaney, Digby, Jenkins, Taylor, Hiscock, NOAKE, McCabe, Harman, Cuffay, Lloyd, Jamieson Lister,Rimmer,Kryten, Kochanski, Holly                                            Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ozlady

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ex-South Wales. Down Under in Brisbane, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 November 06 23:26 GMT (UK) »
I, too, have been very grateful for all the help and advice I have received, even answers to what I think of as pretty dumb questions. A little guidance is always welcome.
Watkins, Price Herefordshire
Brannan, Price, GLAM
Edwards, Gardner MON
Clark(e) SOM
 Census information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 06 November 06 23:34 GMT (UK) »

Well done you 2  - well deserved 8) 8) 8)

even answers to what I think of as pretty dumb questions
ozlady

No question is dumb if you don't know the answer - but I like the way people answer questions without making out that people are "dumb"
The number of "stupid" questions I have asked - and about to as I have some Irish ones to look up - now where is Ireland?!  ;D

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails