Author Topic: Alfred and Margaret Lihou  (Read 7405 times)

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred and Margaret Lihou
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 November 06 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have Lihou's in my research too, (hubbys side).

There is an Alfred on the 1851 at home with his mother Elizabeth.

All down as born St Peter Port

address Mansell Street

Elizabeth Lihou, head, marr, age 41, broker furniture
Nicholas, son, age 15, cabinet maker app
Richard, son, age 8, scholar
Alfred, son, age 6, scholar
Walter, son, age 3

HO 107 2530
folio 335 page 3
St Peter Port

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline trinphil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 November 06 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky
Thank you for your information. It's possible there is a link. Alfred and Margaret had  a son named Alfred Nicholas. Could the Nicholas have come from Alfreds brother?
I will let you know if I find a link.
It would be nice to know who Elizabeth (my middle name), was married to
Thank you once again.
Kathryn

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 November 06 21:04 GMT (UK) »
In the 1861 I found mother Elizabeth, with husband Nicholas and son Richard. So if its the right family you got the husband. Also living with them is Elizabeths mother who was Eliabeth Massart.

Nicky
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Sewell - Surrey<br />Lynch - Ireland, Devon and Channel Islands<br />Whall and Pye - Norwich, Essex and Kent<br />Cotterill - Warwickshire<br />Adams - North and East Riding of Yorkshire<br />Preest, Dufty Lewis, Aston - Forest of Dean

Offline trinphil

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 November 06 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky
I have made a note of the information you have given me.
I am going to order my Grandmothers birth certificate, her mothers maiden name should be on there, which in turn will provide me with a clue to hopefully being able to order a marriage certificate for Alfred and Margaret. On there should be Alfreds dads name, (hopefully), so I might be able to find out his Mother and Father was sounds easy doesn't it!!  I wonder if it will turn out to be that easy, what do you think?
Thank you once again
Kathryn

Offline Nicky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 November 06 21:25 GMT (UK) »
LOL in my experiences some are straight forward and then there are the ones that arent!!! At the moment they are the Guernsey and Irish lot!!

Nicky