Author Topic: Samuel FISK - Baptism Lookup Please  (Read 1925 times)

Offline dangerous3011

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Samuel FISK - Baptism Lookup Please
« on: Saturday 11 November 06 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Is there anyone who may be going to Ipswich SRO soon? I am trying to find a baptism for Samuel Fisk born 25 May 1847 at Plomesgate Union Workhouse, Wickham Market. His birth cert lists his mother as Mary Fisk but no fathers name so I am hoping there may be a baptism entry. If there isn't I would like to know if there may be anything in the workhouse records (would the minutes have any record?) or the bastardy sessions. Thanks for any offers. Bryan.
Smith, Pitman, Hewitt, Fisk, Edwards, Hammond, Welsman, Finnett, Palmer, Evans, Whitaker, Wimms, Towsey, Kendall, Weston, Gard, Hodgkinson, Crabb

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel FISK - Baptism Lookup Please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 November 06 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bryan,

Might be a bit obvious and apologies if you have already tried, but have you checked Hugh's web site ?

http://www.fiskes.co.uk/

Hugh has the definitive Fisk/e web site for all of us looking for our Fisk ancestors, also has links to all the other Fisk web site's   :D

all best wishes

SM ...

Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

Offline dangerous3011

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 November 06 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the suggestion but yes I have. This site does list Samuel but has him confused with another Samuel Fisk born about the same time (I think there may be three of them). His mother married John Scrutton who was a bricklayer and Samuel became his labourer. After moving to Lambeth he was also a bricklayer. One of the other Samuel Fisk's coincidently moved to Lambeth at the same time but he was a coach trimmer. This site also says his mother was illegitimate but I am not sure if this is correct. Regards, Bryan
Smith, Pitman, Hewitt, Fisk, Edwards, Hammond, Welsman, Finnett, Palmer, Evans, Whitaker, Wimms, Towsey, Kendall, Weston, Gard, Hodgkinson, Crabb

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 November 06 00:23 GMT (UK) »
If you ever find your Fisk's travelling the short distance to Framlingham - give me a shout  ;D

I wish you good luck with the search Bryan

all best wishes, SM ...
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?