Author Topic: SIBUN - Edmonton, Canada  (Read 4321 times)

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: SIBUN - Edmonton, Canada
« Reply #18 on: Monday 20 November 06 16:39 GMT (UK) »
sorry of course it is Alfred Edward sorry
Kidney,Kitney Detling Stockbury Chatham. Wenham Biddenden. Waltham.  Pemble Birchington/St Peters. Sibun Medway Chatham/Gravesend

Offline dollylee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 04:08 GMT (UK) »
Well, that was a very interesting phone call !!!

Turns that E. stand for Ellen (who we know died in 2004) and the gentleman who answered the phone was her male friend.  A very lovely man who talked to me for an hour.

He had no information on Alfred Edward or Alice.

The information he was able to supply was that Alfred John died of Alzheimer's between 1995 and 1997 and is buried in the same cemetery as his parents.  Alfred John worked for Canada Customs until he retired.  The gentleman remembered that Ellen had lived at the 10120 - 122 Street address that you had.  Ellen was cremated and her ashes sent back to England to be buried with her mother.

Ellen was married and had a daughter  in England before she became the WWII War Bride of Alfred John.  Together they had a son J. (who is the J. Sibun found on 411.  The C. Sibun is J.'s son and they both live in Calgary. J. is the  retired Policeman.

He couldn't find an address for J. or C. but promised to look and call me back.
This is definitely the right family so if he doesn't get back to me with an address I will call J.and see if he will give me an address or email address so you can make contact.

dollylee

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 07:58 GMT (UK) »
Good morning,

WOW, WOW, WOW.... this is well.. I'm lost for words. So much kindness, this site NEVER ceases to amaze me.

Are you sitting comfortably, cos I've got a story to tell.

Ellen Ethel Chouffot married John W. Busutill  Manchester in 1940, their daughter A. was born in 1941.

Ellen Ethel Busutill married Alfred J. Sibun Islington 1947

Alfred  and Ellen Sibun and A. travelled on the Queen Elizabeth from Southampton to New York on the 22 April 1948.

Ellen Ethel's sister Constance Chouffot married Frederick Sibun who was Alfred's cousin.

It is also said that Ellen Ethel married a Jack (John) Sibun who  was Alfred's brother.....no proof as yet.

Wonder what happened to A?

Please give my regards to this kindly gentleman.

Many, many thanks in helping me to find my Nan's brothers Canadian family.

Meg
Kidney,Kitney Detling Stockbury Chatham. Wenham Biddenden. Waltham.  Pemble Birchington/St Peters. Sibun Medway Chatham/Gravesend

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Well, that was a very interesting phone call !!!

Turns that E. stand for Ellen (who we know died in 2004) and the gentleman who answered the phone was her male friend.  A very lovely man who talked to me for an hour.

He had no information on Alfred Edward or Alice.

The information he was able to supply was that Alfred John died of Alzheimer's between 1995 and 1997 and is buried in the same cemetery as his parents.  Alfred John worked for Canada Customs until he retired.  The gentleman remembered that Ellen had lived at the 10120 - 122 Street address that you had.  Ellen was cremated and her ashes sent back to England to be buried with her mother.

Ellen was married and had a daughter  in England before she became the WWII War Bride of Alfred John.  Together they had a son J.

He couldn't find an address for J. or C. but promised to look and call me back.
This is definitely the right family so if he doesn't get back to me with an address I will call J.and see if he will give me an address or email address so you can make contact.

dollylee

Offline dollylee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 18:10 GMT (UK) »
The dear old boy has come through with an address for daughter A. and one for Ellen's sister who also married a Sibun.

Will pm those to you.

dollylee

Offline atth2o

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Wow,

Maid of Kent, I'm really happy that you have had so much success on this one.  Good Work Dollylee.  How kind of you to go that extra bit and phone this family. 

This is such a great group of people.   :-*

Nancy
Attwater - Kent & London England (All spelling variations)
Goodwin - Kent & London England
Cronin - Ontario & Ireland
Clancy - Peter Robinson Expedition - Ontario, Canada & Rockmills, Cork, Ireland
Kenneally - Ontario, Canada & Ireland
Redmond - Ontario, Canada & Ireland
Shepley - Ontario, Canada & Lancashire, England

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 10:18 GMT (UK) »
atth20 - I can only whole heartedly agree with you, this site is something else, and I was overwhelmed by Dollylee's kindness. I sincerely hope that I will be able to help someone else and she has helped me.

I've written to the given addresses can only hope that they answer.

Fortunately my Nana had an unusual surname :D which also helped  with the search and that Ellen had lived in the same town as Dollylee what an amazing coincidence.

Meg