Author Topic: SIBUN - Edmonton, Canada  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: SIBUN - Edmonton, Canada
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 November 06 08:31 GMT (UK) »
thank you JJ for all the information, I shall certainly follow it all up. I have narrowed the dates of sailing for the americas from 1.10.1906 Alfred's wedding day in Chatham, Kent to 16th February 1915 on his Attestation papers!
Many thanks and kind regards from Maid of Kent
Kidney,Kitney Detling Stockbury Chatham. Wenham Biddenden. Waltham.  Pemble Birchington/St Peters. Sibun Medway Chatham/Gravesend

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 November 06 08:48 GMT (UK) »
just sent a mail to the Calgary Police Force - perhaps.....
Kidney,Kitney Detling Stockbury Chatham. Wenham Biddenden. Waltham.  Pemble Birchington/St Peters. Sibun Medway Chatham/Gravesend

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 20 November 06 10:15 GMT (UK) »
have narrowed the dates of travelling to Canada from 18 march 1907 birth of his daughter in Islington ...no reply from the Police in Calgary to date.

Offline dollylee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 20 November 06 13:27 GMT (UK) »
I just had a quick look at cemeteries in Edmonton  and found Alfred and Alice are now neighbours of my own grandparents. (literally two rows over)

Name                  Burial         Cemetery   Section   Block    Plot

SIBUN  ALFRED  6/30/1961   EDMONTON    0N      0106    0017
SIBUN  ALICE    6/30/1953    EDMONTON    ON     0106    0016

It seems kind of odd that they would be buried on the same day, same month just different years but that is the way the City has it recorded.

They are in one of the oldest cemeteries here and also one that has many notable people in it.  I would go and take pictures for you but we have a lot of snow at the moment.

Unfortunately there are no Sibuns in the current Edmonton Phone Book.

I will look around a bit more tomorrow but must get off to bed now.

dollylee

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 20 November 06 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dollylee,
thank you so much for this information. It would have been too good to be true had there had been any Sibun's still living in Edmonton. 411 gives a Chris Sibun an E. Sibun and a J. Sibun listed under AB is that Alberta? unfortnately no addresses are listed.
thank you once again.
Meg

Offline dollylee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 20 November 06 15:03 GMT (UK) »
I am still here so I just read your reply.

I have checked on the 411 site and given the phone numbers C. and J. live in southern Alberta and E. Sibun just happens to live in the same small City as I do.
It is adjacent to Edmonton and E. is in the phone book.  Unfortunately there is no address given which leads me to believe E. may be female.

If you would like me to call E. would you please send a p.m. with details of your exact relationship to the Sibuns?  I would be very gentle and try not to scare them off........not everyone is a genealogy nut  ;D ;D

dollylee

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 20 November 06 15:11 GMT (UK) »
More help in Alberta, how wonderful!
 Nice find and unusual coincidences, dollylee.!..Just a warning that have only contacted distant rellies for others a few times, but as you say, unless they understand the genealogy thing...some are very touchy and can leave one a bit cold...There's no introduction that would warm them up to being called by a stranger... :D Hope you find someone who's happy to be contacted  :D Nice of you to go the extra mile... J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Maid of Kent

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 20 November 06 15:24 GMT (UK) »
goodness. would you do that for me???

Albert Edward Sibun born 2.9.1880 in Chatham Kent England married Alice Emmeline Adams 1881 Chatham on the 1.10.1906 in Chatham Kent,
their daughter Kathleen Helena Sibun was born in Islington London on the 18.3.1807
Albert was enlisted into the Army in Edmonton in 1915 address was 10120-122
an Alfred John Sibun was born 1915 Edmonton - I have yet to have definate proof that he is their son. do not know of any further children

Albert Edward was brother to my paternal grandmother Ethel Sibun.

looking forward to hearing from you

kind regards
Meg

Offline dollylee

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 20 November 06 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Meg

Is his name Alfred Edward or Albert Edward?

Up until this point we have all been searching for Alfred Edward.

dollylee