Author Topic: Photo - Can anyone help?  (Read 2768 times)

Offline signalman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Photo - Can anyone help?
« on: Monday 13 November 06 16:55 GMT (UK) »
HI ALL Could anyone put names to any of these in this photo
My email is not working sorry
andrews /newman/shepherd/pye edwards/.Didsbury/manchester/shropshire/dawley newport madeley wellington

Offline Tony Payne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Tony Payne, Southampton, England
    • View Profile
Re: photo
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 November 06 19:37 GMT (UK) »
My only thoughts when looking at the mix of instruments and oversized beer bottles (well that's what they look like to me - eyesight going...) was that you ought to post the photo to the Even Lighter Side for one of the Caption competitions.   It is a really unique photo - I'm sure there is a lot of history behind it - but I think some of the funny folk on here could come up with wonderful caption ideas too.  Just a thought - don't know about anyone else but I could use some laughs this Monday...
I am researching the following families:
Hurst / Payne - Leicestershire / Warwickshire / Worcestershire
Toon(e) - Leicestershire
Batchelor / Foster - Warwickshire / Northamptonshire
Hardy - Dorset

My web site has the family tree showing.  I am researching primarily the Payne, Hurst, Foster and Batchelor lines in the Midlands.

Off The Record With Debbie And Tony

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: photo
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 November 06 22:45 GMT (UK) »
I also have a photo in the box given to me belonging to my late uncle do any of you know who these may be
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Cathymjp

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Photo - Can anyone help?
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 December 06 21:23 GMT (UK) »

I wonder if the beer company awarded some sort of musical prize for a competition and had a photograph taken with the winners and prominently displayed their beer in the big bottles.  I cannot see the name of the  brewery but it might be worth contacting them to see if they have an archive.

It could be worth asking the local paper in the town where the photograph was taken of the choir to put it in and ask if anyone locally knows the people in the picture.

Cathy   :D  :D  :D

Chilton, Staffordshire and Shropshire
Greatorex
Arblaster
Noden

This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline signalman

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 December 06 23:43 GMT (UK) »
RE THE PHOTOGRAPH , To give someone a clue the lady at the back centre is Violet Edwards , the gentlman standing to her right is George Stallwood ,Violets boyfriend at the time ,the occaision was I think a trip to Blackpool ,as on the back of the photo the photograhers name at Blackpool . What I dont know are the names of the other sitters as they are not my family   Signalman
My email is not working sorry
andrews /newman/shepherd/pye edwards/.Didsbury/manchester/shropshire/dawley newport madeley wellington

Offline Cathymjp

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 21 December 06 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Ah signalman, bang goes my theory about musical competition!  Probably a staged photo to commemorate trip out.  Still might be worth publishing picture in local paper where Violet used to live - there may be other people related to others in group who have a copy of photo and may be wondering who Violet and George are.

Cathy  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)
Chilton, Staffordshire and Shropshire
Greatorex
Arblaster
Noden

This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 22 December 06 01:59 GMT (UK) »
the company is worthington, the bottles are worthington pale ale (a popular brew up until recent times) depending on what you call recent of course,
     could they be the worthington pale ale banjo band p**S heads?, sorry.  i am sure the second photo has nothing to do with them unless it is a before and after photo.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.