Author Topic: Threlfall - Blackburn area/Lancs.  (Read 2144 times)

Offline BriJS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Threlfall - Blackburn area/Lancs.
« on: Thursday 16 November 06 10:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello to everyone from a new member.

I appreciate that this is very vague, but just on the off chance I need to try. I am looking for a part of my family I know barely anything about.

Thanks in advance if you can help or not.

I am looking for anything on James Edward Threlfall b.(+/-20) 1900 married to Annie Elizabeth Wright b. roughly the same time. They lived in Blackburn. His father was William Threlfall (no dates) and mother was Agnus/Agnes (no dates, no surname).

Many thanks.

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Threlfall - Blackburn area/Lancs.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 November 06 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Do you know any children of James and Annie to narrow the search a bit.Maybe there ages.Have just tried looking on 1901 but are we looking for a married James and Annie or James living with parents.You must know some rough dates if you got there names.
Welcome to roots chat BriJS
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 November 06 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Could this be his birth
James Edward Threlfall 1903 Sept qu Blackburn 8e 336

Theres a William Henry Threlfall marries Agnes Collow 1891 Dec qu 8e 596 could this be his parents

On 1901 census

Agnes Threlfall 32 head married government allowance husband a soldier she was born Scotland
William 9 son b Blackburn
Elizabeth 5 daughter b Blackburn
address 26 Feilden Street also says Bond Street Blackburn St Paul
ref RG13 3907 folio 62 p 11
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 November 06 11:55 GMT (UK) »

Agnes Collow 23 housemaid domestic servant unmarried b Scotland
working in the household of Alexander Tod 38 cotton yarn agent and manufacturer b Scotland
Mary 32 wife b Clitheroe Lancs
James E 6 b Scotland
could be her as census was April and she got married in oct/Dec qu
address Sandridge North Promenade Lytham St Anne on Sea
RG12 3451 folio 33 p 38

William Threlfall 48 head  corkcutter b Hulme Manchester
Ann 46 wife Hulme
WILLIAM H 21 son  police constable b Blackburn
Alice A 16 dau
George 13 son
Susannah 11 dau
Harry 8 son
Charles 4 son
all born Blackburn
address 14 Tattersall Street Blackburn St Peter
RG12 3404 folio 100 p 22
There are others of near age but non looked as good.

If you order the marriage cert for William and Agnes his occupation should be police constable on it.

William and Ann are at same address but have Joshua  17 son b Manchester and Elizabeth 15 b Manchester as well

Offline BriJS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 November 06 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, thank you this is the exact info I was looking for. I was told Agnes (my GGGrandmother) was from Scotland so this all adds up.

Very much appreciated

Brian

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 16 November 06 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Brian
I cant find anything on Agnes before 1891 she isnt on 1881 census so maybe still in Scotland.You may get a look up for Scotland from someone else I dont have access.

Offline BriJS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 16 November 06 12:44 GMT (UK) »
I believe she could have been born illegatimate, so I am told. So am I right in thinking records would be scarce? I am new to this.

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 16 November 06 12:52 GMT (UK) »
You could still get some records but I think you need to get a bit more information first to help you.I f you get the marriage cert it will give you her fathers name and occupation also Williams dads.You could find her when she was younger possibly with that.Do you want me to look for William and Ann on other census.
Have you looked on www.familysearch.org  thats a good free web site to start with.

Offline BriJS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 16 November 06 14:01 GMT (UK) »
That would be very helpful and thanks for the link.