Author Topic: ALL TOPICS Inquiery PLEASE HELP  (Read 13224 times)

Offline pat_john

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: ALL TOPICS Inquiery PLEASE HELP
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 30 November 06 13:49 GMT (UK) »
Sorry haven't had time to order anything yet but I did copy the files you sent me and also someone else sent me the same one.  Thankyou so very very much. Have other certificates to order from England and Canada both and want to order them all at the same time if possible.  Pat
FERGUSON (CANADA)   Ontario
 Moyse         "          "   & England
RHODES (LEEDS, YORKSHIRE ENGLAND)
CAIN (LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND)

Offline katherinem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 01 December 06 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pat,
On www.yorkshirebmd.org there are the birth registrations for the following children all with the surname Woodhouse in the sub registration district of Leeds North:
Clara Ellen - 1869
George - 1875
Walter - 1876
Albert - 1879
Ann Eliza's birth registration was with the surname Rhodes in 1880 again the sub registration district was Leeds North.  She died at the age of 3 (1883), her death registration is listed on www.freebmd.org.uk.
Joseph is an enigma, as there are several Joseph Rhodes, but none of them seem to be the right area, Rothwell is to the South of Leeds and the burials of Julia and George in the Beckett Street Cemetery, fits with the birth registration all in the Leeds North area.  I know they could have moved to the Rothwell area and then moved back again ???
Will keep digging :P
Kath
Bladen (Tipton, & Yorks), Teece, Cooke(Coalville), Stott (Staffs), Carr, Armitage, Henrickson, Lisle (Yorks), Pailing, Stott, Leach, Davies (Llanasa), Taylor, McDonald, Garry, Brackenbury, Brand, Rewston
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline katherinem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 01 December 06 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
Have looked and looked for a marriage between George and Julia, without any success I am afraid, so either they didn't marry at all or Julia had a different surname than Woodhouse.  I am guessing it is the first theory :o
George is living at 12 Sloe St, Leeds, in 1891 listed as Uncle to John Nichols and his family, Johns wife is Ann, daughter of George's sister Harriet (married to William Swithenbank), so that fits in nicely.
I do hope that you can prove this is your family, because they are very easy to trace back.
You mentioned in your PM about whether to order the death certs.  It would give you date, cause of death, address and signature, description and residence of the informant, but no details of next of kin I am afraid (unless they are the informant and then it is only their name and relationship).
Regards, Kath
Bladen (Tipton, & Yorks), Teece, Cooke(Coalville), Stott (Staffs), Carr, Armitage, Henrickson, Lisle (Yorks), Pailing, Stott, Leach, Davies (Llanasa), Taylor, McDonald, Garry, Brackenbury, Brand, Rewston

Offline Chris Penrose

• RootsChat Member
  • Penrose etc family history research
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 10 December 06 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Burial record 66225 related to a George that was two years old when he died. However, this put me on the right track in the library when I looked through the Beckett Street cemetery index book.

I confirmed a date of 23rd October 1894 and found the memorial stone with his name aged 47 at death. Julia's grave is in the unconsecrated part under a patch of grass where there are no memorials save one for a cavalry sergeant and a recent marble memorial on the border of the grass patch for someone buried in that area. From the cemetery map I located her grave which is in the shadow of a thirty-foot holly tree in marvellous full bloom.

On Friday I took a number of photographs of the site and emailed these to Pat.

A weblink has also been sent to a photograph on www.leodis.net of their house as at the 1881 census: which happens to have been almost exactly where I live in the Lincoln Green area of Leeds.

Getting to this point was made possible thanks to the assistance of everyone else who supplied me with clues.

It is a small world indeed.

All the best and merry Christmas

Chris Penrose
Penrose Pollard Stoddern Bowers Milnes Starkey Chappell

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 10 December 06 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Chris

That's brilliant.  :) :)

That is the wonderful thing about rootschatters, between us all we can bring forth the clues to help answer puzzles.

Kerry

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline katherinem

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 11 December 06 07:43 GMT (UK) »
To Everyone on RootsChat that helped me with my Quest.      I'm so over whemed with Happyness for all your help and time sent on my behalf. What a Wonderfull website this is. Katherine and Chris deserve special Thanks for Going out of their ways, doing research, ordering certificates for me and For taking those special pictures and offering more of their time to make a dream come true for my sick mother. Its amazing I received all this wonderfull information, work & pictures on my Birthday.....as a gift. Chris even offered to places some flowers on the graves for me. WOW  I greatly appreciate all the time, work, research,pictures and people going out of their ways to help and assist me no matter what the cost to themselves. Mother will have the Merryest Christmas ever when she opens the FAMILY TREE BOOK to her Father's ,Mother's and other Family members past  from ENGLAND. She be as thrilled as I was to receive this gift of LOVE from all involved. Words alone can not express our emotions and thanks.  Pat yourselves on the back & give a hug to all for a job well done. Have a Very, Very MERRY CHRISTMAS one & All. I know my Family will because of Everyone generosity. THANKS  Again  Pat
Katherine could you please post this on the Rootschat message board for me. I'm having trouble finding & remembering how to do it or get to it. Thankyou :)