Author Topic: Crofts in North uist  (Read 65322 times)

Offline oldnorvel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Crofts in North uist
« Reply #81 on: Saturday 25 June 22 01:44 BST (UK) »
Hello all, I am new to board and I see a topic that has been on my mind for a while. I know that I am Searching for. Hugh MacDonald b. 1802ish. Who married a Catherine MacLellan around the Area of Houghary or Malaclete or Knockintorran. Parents may have left Croft 5. Around 1835. Parents possibly John MacDonald and Marion Maccormick.b.1769ish. From north and west uist but only if Hugh Archibald and Duncan in that family who may have emigrated to Sydney Mines NS. 1835 or so. I also think the family may have lived in Plebisgary (sic)?. Any one

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Crofts in North uist
« Reply #82 on: Sunday 26 June 22 23:51 BST (UK) »
I have some info on Crofts in North uist and would be happy to share my findings with anyone who is looking for specific families of areas.
The above was posted Friday 17 November 06 09:32 GMT (UK) (15 years ago)

I've read over 10 requests to the above offer but I've yet to see any replies in those years 15 yrs...

Has anyone had a reply?

If you've had a reply via PM it would be an idea to let us know as if this isn't the case it seems there's unlikely to be any help provided.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"