Author Topic: Dundee Tigers 1946-1947  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Dundee Tigers 1946-1947
« on: Sunday 19 November 06 06:01 GMT (UK) »
I hope that someone can help.

I have been looking for any information and photos of the Dundee Tigers in the 1946 - 1947 season. A friend of mine was hoping to find something on this team as his father played on it. His name was Farrell Gallagher a Canadian who played in Scotland for at least 1 year.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

bervonian

Re: Dundee Tigers 1946-1947
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 November 06 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janice,
You'll find a little information on these websites:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_
www.answers.com/topic/scottish-national-league - 1932-1954

You might also want to contact the "Courier & Advertiser" (D.C. Thomson & Co.Ltd., Dundee DD4 8SL.  Phone: 01382-223131)
Mind you, 60 years ago is a long time  ;D ;D

Bervonian.

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Dundee Tigers 1946-1947
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 November 06 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Bervonian,

Thank you for the advice. I will check with the address you gave.

I have been lucky enough here in Canada to go back quite far with his hockey career, as I have checked old newspaper clippings at the library. I have also managed to find a site that shows a photo of him while he was in the RCAF.

I had hoped that there would be an archive site or such, that would show the old teams and a little history about them.

I will check with D.C. Thompson & Co., as they may still have or know where I can find one.

Thanks again.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie