Author Topic: BT for Hanmer?  (Read 5144 times)

Offline Dorey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BT for Hanmer?
« on: Sunday 19 November 06 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone tell me, has the Bishop's Transcripts for Hanmer been transcribed?

I went to the Chester Records Office and had a look at the microfilm but a lot was quite illegible.

I was told that they had a paper copy in Hawarden.  Does anyone know?

Thank you
Dorey
William Turner 1760, ??
William Turner 1788, Hanmer, Flintshire
William Turner 1831, Bettisfield, Hanmer, Flintshire
Richard Turner 1865, Shut End, Stafford
John Turner 1883, Wrexham, Flintshire
Robert Turner 1910 Standish, Wigan, Lancashire
Maurice Kevin Turner, Chorley, Lancashire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BT for Hanmer?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 December 06 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dorey  :)

I've only just picked this up.

The parish records for Hanmer have been transcribed and published by the Clwyd FHS. They have used the original parish records and Bishops Transcripts where necessary:

http://www.clwydfhs.org.uk/registers/index.html

If you scroll down the page to 'H' you'll see that the Baptisms, Marriages and Burials are available in Booklet form for 1563-1812. Additionally, Baptisms are available for 1813-1899.

Regards

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 December 06 12:08 GMT (UK) »
This means Gadget that I will be able to help "Reiver" see;
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,201124.new.html#new

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 December 06 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Yes, it was only when I went in to check the dates that I saw that they'd gone right up to 1899  :)

Pity that mine left in the 1750s.

Reiver will have a shock when he/she finds that most of us have Hanmer's in our past  - nearly as common as Jones and Griffiths and Lee around those parts  ;) ;) ;)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Reiver

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 December 06 21:11 GMT (UK) »
I'm watching  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Gadget
It's a long way from Dumfries to Denbigh/Flint  :)

Reiver

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 11 December 06 21:24 GMT (UK) »
I know - that half came by boat to Liverpool  ;)

My Puleston/Hanmers/Lees/Griffiths line came from around Hanmer  :)

Have you not noticed that I'm a crazy mongrel  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gadget

Offline Reiver

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 11 December 06 22:10 GMT (UK) »
My Beatties are from Dumfries.  Hence the question.   We didn't escape to Wales. :) :)

The Hanmer family are a sideline really although the change which I have now accidentally  discovered seems rather unusual.  The Hanmers were of Hanmer apparently.   A son became Vicar of Hanmer about 1815- ish.  His daughter Sophia married this chap from Oldham called John Lees Ainsworth in 1839 and in 1841 they were at Llewesog Lodge between Denbigh and Ruthin.  He died in 1871 before the Census. Sophia was at Bod-Erw, St. Asaph in that year.  I'm fairly certain that she then became a Nun in a Roman Catholic Convent at Drumcondra, Ireland.

John Lees Ainsworth grandparents were Particular  Baptists.

Enough :) :) :) :)

Regards
Reiver

Offline RUFFLER

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
SORTON FROM HANMERE
« Reply #7 on: Monday 28 July 08 20:46 BST (UK) »
ANY ONE  FOUND BIRTH   JOHN SORTON BORN  ABOUT 1750   MARRIED  ANN ROWE    FROM  HANMERE  IN  1771     CHILDREN   BORN BANGOR ON DEE  FOUND CHILDRENS BIRTH  ON B T   BUT CANNOT FIND DEATH OF    JOHN OR ANN  SORTON :'(

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: SORTON FROM HANMERE
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 23 May 10 03:09 BST (UK) »
ANY ONE  FOUND BIRTH   JOHN SORTON BORN  ABOUT 1750   MARRIED  ANN ROWE    FROM  HANMERE  IN  1771     CHILDREN   BORN BANGOR ON DEE  FOUND CHILDRENS BIRTH  ON B T   BUT CANNOT FIND DEATH OF    JOHN OR ANN  SORTON :'(
Hi,not sure if i am intruding here but i pressed thr qaote link.. 'please 'can anyone help me with my dilema?For a long while i have been looking for the mother of Mary Day brn in ''Bilston'' possibly!21/july/1743/ witneses to marr; James Day and Elizabeth Bendal21/may/1761 Mary had 3 cildren 1 named Elizabeth Allen [of my line]Which i am still baffled with. You see i have searched around LDS site only to find this a possibilty or fact! It said,, Mary Day =Robert Allen Mary was of the John family.. It went on to read John 1 st baron' I could not find one word of who Mary's mother was! Mary and Robert's children werte born in Thornbury Gloucester u k. No sign of her mother anywhere on many sites? Elizabeth who was Mary's daughter well she married Walter Jenkins of Cwmcarvon, [I have all their details where they lived in/on Trealey farm monmouthshire. Still no sign of Mary Day,?? thanking anyone who may help me out of this rut, [for so long]  best wishes from Diane.