Author Topic: Holywell 1841 birth look up  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Holywell 1841 birth look up
« on: Sunday 19 November 06 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone able to look up a birth for me?
Ann Jones born 1841 Holywell Flint to father Owen Jones, a labourer.
In March 1866 she married Thomas Lloyd, in Birkenhead, and was age 25.
All census's have her born 1841 apart from 1871 that looks like age 29.(born 1842). Otherwise like other fellow genealogists that have common names like this one, l will have to start buying birth certificates!!
Kind regards
Kira in a very warm sunny Calgary Canada (but not for long)
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Holywell 1841 birth look up
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 09:43 GMT (UK) »
You say in your query that all Census years have her born in 1841?Do you include in this the years prior to when she married?I ask this as the only Ann Jones I can find born in Flintshire with a Father Owen Jones who is a Labourer,is from the 1841 and 1861 Census years.They are living in Llanasa Parish in 1841 and Gwespyr Parish in 1861.In both years Ann is listed as being born in 1837,and in 1861 it states she was born in Llanasa.The 1861 Census staes her Father Owen to be born in Colwyn Denbighshire,and you have to look closely at the entry which states he was born in c 1803.Ann's Mother is given as Catherine,who in  1861 is given as born in Llanasa in c 1805.Ann is not with the family in 1851.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 01:56 GMT (UK) »
Thank you William for replying
It is very hard to establish a certainty on her whereabouts census wise prior to her marriage. Had a good look but nothing that is hard fact.
1871 Census Thomas LLOYD 28 (it says 22 but magnifying shows it as 28)Bagillt/Ann 29?? Holywell Flint/Evan/Mary/Sarah living Laird Street Birkenhead.
1881 Census Thomas LLOYD  38 Bagillt/Ann 40 Holywell/Evan/Mary/Thomas living Laird Street Birkenhead.
1891 Census Thomas LLOYD 48 Bagillt/Ann 50 Holywell/Edward/Mary/Thomas.living Rodney Street Tranmere.
1901 Census Thomas LLOYD 58 Bagillt/Ann 58 Holywell/Evan/Thomas living 33 Derby Road Tranmere.

Other than the marriage certificate l have that has details on prior note, am stuck.  But now have ordered a birth certificate and have to go that way, eliminating as l go along. Think there are 8 or 10 possibilities. Bit like winning the lottery!!  Mind you, genealogy nowadays is a lot quicker, cheaper and faster to obtain info than before the world wide web so l should not complain!!!

Regards Kira
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Holywell .Ann Jones born 1841
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 01:51 GMT (UK) »
Anyone  recognise this birth as a part of their tree???:

Ann JONES born 13th April 1841 at Hendrebiffa (??)(Hendebifa?) Mold. Father Thomas JONES a Miner, mother Elizabeth (formerly JONES !!! )

Will email a copy to them

Regards Kira

Offline alicebob

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 04:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kira

The birth year does not match but here is what I was able to find---

Anne Jones christened 31 July 1836 , Llanasa , Flintshire. Parents were Owen and Catherine.

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

On the 1851 census, she may be in Conway Caernarvonshire, a servant for the John Jones family.
I hope some of this helps.

Bob   {also in Alberta}
Jones- Llangynhafal, Llandyrnog
Davies- Denbigh
Parry- Llanrhaiadr
Roberts- Llanrhaiadr

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ann Jones born 1841 Holywell
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 December 06 01:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bob
Guess l should have said its an unwanted birth certificate! So am sharing what is on this unwanted certificate.Per my prior posts, l am looking for Ann Jones born 1841 Holywell and am having to order each certificate until l find 'My' Ann. Her father was Owen. I have pondered on the option of ordering through the LDS, birth/christenings 1841 Holywell but the parishes are too numerous. I have not had any luck for 4 years so am going the expensive way.
Cheers anyway!!
Kira

Offline alicebob

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 06 December 06 02:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kira

Do you know if Owen and Catherine had other children ? If they did , how about names and birth years ?
I am sort of looking for a project to search out.

Bob
Jones- Llangynhafal, Llandyrnog
Davies- Denbigh
Parry- Llanrhaiadr
Roberts- Llanrhaiadr

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Ann JONES born 1841 Holywell
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 06 December 06 04:00 GMT (UK) »
Well, my dead end project is detailed on my 22 Nov post. It has all the census' details and their children.This Ann JONES born Holywell Flint is my difficult one as many must be watching this post closely!! Re Jones l mean!! She married in Birkenhead in 1866.I dont know any of her siblings other than her father Owen JONES as stated on her marriage. It did not say that father was deceased yet l cannot find anything on any census that helps me. The 1851 Census does have an Ann JONES age 12 in St Marys Birkenhead. HO107/2175 She is a servant.The head is John EDWARDS, wife Elizabeth. In that same household is Hugh JONES age 25 which is the heads brother in law.This brother in law, Elizabeth EDWARDS the wife and Ann JONES the servant all born Holywell. Wondering if Ann JONES parents passed away and Ann had to fend for herself. Yet the age is off. Mind you, l have several of my rellies that have moved their age around a few years JUST TO FRUSTRATE ME!! So hence l am slowly buying Ann JONES birth certificates from June 1841 to December 1841 and hopefully find her. In so doing l am passing on the unwanted certificate information. Kind regards Kira

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 12 December 06 15:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kira,
The only  C of E Baptisms I could find with a father Owen Jones in Holywell 1827- 1844 are
Sep 30 1827. Louisa.  Owen & Mary. Malster. Holywell
Dec 3 1830. David.         """""""""""""""""""""""""
Aug 10 1834. Emma.      """""""""""""""""""""""

Feb 12 1832. Mary. Owen & Catherine. Farmer.
July 28 1833. Peter.  """"""""""""""""""""""
March 6 1835. Edward. """"""""""""""""""""

April 29 1838. John. Owen & Mary. Labourer.

I posted these in case they rang any bells as siblings.

Also looked at Halkyn 1836-1843 and Bagillt 1839-1845.
Still no Ann and Owen.
Don't forget these are Baptisms and she might not have been Baptised or Baptised somewhere else.

Paul.