Author Topic: One World Family Tree  (Read 1384 times)

Offline tigces

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
One World Family Tree
« on: Tuesday 21 November 06 22:31 GMT (UK) »
I've found a possible link on the one world family tree and would dearly love to merge it with mine, but I can't see a way of contacting the maker to collabrate information.   ??? Please can someone tell me how to do this

Offline SheilaM

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: One World Family Tree
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Once you have the correct record on screen, click the highlighted name.

On the next page scroll down and on the right hand side you will see a link WHAT TO DO NEXT, click the link to contact the owner.

Sheila
LANCS Rochdale: Sanderson, Burke. Crompton/Shaw: Robinson, Walkden, Swann<br />Oldham: Sandiford, Mitchell<br />STAFFS Willenhall/Cheslyn Hay: Stokes, Broom<br />SOMERSET: Bath:  Broom/Hawkins/Plowman/Roberts/West<br />YORKS: Gibson, Helliwell<br />IRELAND: Burke, Holmes<br />USA/Canada: Sanderson<br />WILTSHIRE: Hawkins<br /><br />All census information is Crown Copyright

Offline Bill749

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • over 70 and still wearin' genes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tigces

I would suggest you check the information very carefully against the original sources before you even think about merging it into your tree - the information on the one-world tree is only as reliable as the people who submitted it!  Not everybody is as careful as they should be.

Regards, Bill
Banks, Beer, Bowes, Castle, Cloak, Coachworth, Dixon, Farr, Golder, Graves, Hicks, Hogbin, Holmans, Marsh, Mummery, Nutting, Pierce, Rouse, Sawyer, Sharp, Snell, Willis: mostly in East Kent.
Ey, Sawyer: London
Evans: Ystradgynlais, Wales
Snell: Snettisham, Norfolk
Knight, Burgess, Ellis: Hampshire
Purdy: Ireland/Canada/Durham/Pennsylvania
McCann: Ireland
Morrow: Pennsylvania
Sparnon: any
Beers, Heath, Conyers, Miller, Russell, Larson, Clark, Sibert, Hopper, Reinhart: USA

Offline tigces

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, I will do that; I must admit to being a little laxed myself I don't really want to spend £7 a go on certificate I tend to think that's the one

Offline tigces

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 November 06 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Ok I tried that, couldn't see the link however much I scrolled down just the family tree and either merge or don't merge  :-[ but no what to do next link.

Offline SheilaM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Is it the Ancestry World Tree or One World Tree that you are looking at?

I've just put one of my names in OneWorld Tree.  It came up with a list of names (looks a bit like a census records list)  I clicked the correct name and then a new screen appears with all the details and on the RH side it says WHAT TO DO NEXT underneath that is a link to email the submitter.

Sorry can't make it any clearer.

As Bill says it's safer to contact the submitter and establish you have a link before merging any information and also check their information is correct.

If you are looking at One World Tree have another go, the link is there.

If you have no luck, PM me with the details and I will have a go.

Sheila

LANCS Rochdale: Sanderson, Burke. Crompton/Shaw: Robinson, Walkden, Swann<br />Oldham: Sandiford, Mitchell<br />STAFFS Willenhall/Cheslyn Hay: Stokes, Broom<br />SOMERSET: Bath:  Broom/Hawkins/Plowman/Roberts/West<br />YORKS: Gibson, Helliwell<br />IRELAND: Burke, Holmes<br />USA/Canada: Sanderson<br />WILTSHIRE: Hawkins<br /><br />All census information is Crown Copyright

Offline tigces

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 21:57 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure which, I though it was one world family tree but from what you say I think it's ancestory.   I go to my ancestory, tree and then there's a leaf saying x has a link to one world family tree.  I then press on the name and the tree comes up with Learn more, merge don't merge I tried pressing on the named person but nothing seems to happen.  I've tried to find them on living people but with the name being Mary White it's quite hard to find the one that's on the tree

The details I have on her is she married 26 Aug 1723 in Ugborough Devon
he has the birthdate of his Mary White from memory 08 Aug 1695 Penz

Offline SheilaM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 22:34 GMT (UK) »
Have sent you a PM.

Sheila