Author Topic: john roberts  (Read 679 times)

Offline lubbie

• I am sorry but my emails have stopped working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
john roberts
« on: Wednesday 22 November 06 11:36 GMT (UK) »
Could anyone please help me find the father of john roberts c1858 tryddyn flintshire.
In 1881 he is living in colliery road a stepson to joseph rogers. many thanks
lubbie

Offline titch

• RootsChat Member
  • member of both Gwynedd and Clwyd Family History
    • View Profile
Re: john roberts
« Reply #1 on: Friday 24 November 06 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lubble,

As John's mother is already a widow on the 1851 census the only way is to find the marriage., or John's birth certificate.  Have you tried the BMD sites? As the eldest child is only 6 in 1851 it seems unlikely that they would have been married before the 1841 census, unless they lost children before the birth of the eldest child who appears in 1851.
I shall keep looking, but I'm sure the parish records would be of more help. I do not have access to these unfortunately.

Titch
Williams, Roberts, Jones, in Merioneth,  Flintsshire, Denbigh and Caernarfonshire, Hughes in Caernarfonshire and Liverpool , Arnold, Mongomeryshire, Caernarfon and Denbighshire
Higgins in Kent/Essex

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline titch

• RootsChat Member
  • member of both Gwynedd and Clwyd Family History
    • View Profile
Re: john roberts
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 November 06 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lubbie,

I have just had a look on the North Wales BMD site:
www.northwalesbmd.org.uk/
and found 2 John Roberts born in Mold (which Tryddyn was a part of then).  There were a couple born in the years before and the year after the date you gave.

You could contact the Registrar at the Flintshire office giving the details that his mother was called Ruth etc to ensure you get the right certificate.
You can contact the registrar at:

Superintendent Registrar
Llwynegrin Hall
Mold
CH7 6NR

Tel: 01352 703333
email: registrars@flintchire.gov.uk

In my experience the registrars are very helpful and often go the extra mile to ensure you get the correct information.

You could also subscribe to the Clwyd mailing list (Rootsweb)  and put your enquiry there. This is a very busy list with listers having all sorts of information and are willing to do look ups in parish records.

Titch
Williams, Roberts, Jones, in Merioneth,  Flintsshire, Denbigh and Caernarfonshire, Hughes in Caernarfonshire and Liverpool , Arnold, Mongomeryshire, Caernarfon and Denbighshire
Higgins in Kent/Essex

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk