Author Topic: Depden/Wickhambrook PR look up please - 1790 - 1851 - SHAVE  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
Depden/Wickhambrook PR look up please - 1790 - 1851 - SHAVE
« on: Wednesday 22 November 06 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am piecing together a branch of my tree and there are a couple of people showing on census records that I can't fit in. 

At the moment, at the top of my line I have Henry Shave b.c 1789 Depden, Suffolk - would it be possible to find out who his parents were?

There is also a Simeon Shave b.c 1804 Depden Suffolk - who were his parents?  Is it possible he could be Henry's Brother?

In 1851, Simeon Shave was born in Wickhambrook, Suffolk.  He was the Grandson of Simeon b.c 1804, but I have no way of finding out who his parents were. 

Can anyone help?

Regards, Emma ;)
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)

Offline peckham

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Shave - Depden/Wickhambrook PR look up please - 1851 back to 1790 if possible!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 November 06 01:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello:

I have looked at the 1861 Census

Simeon Shave 56  Head born Depden, Suffolk
Ann Shave 50 
Simeon Shave 10  Grandson born Wickhambrook, Suffolk,
Fanny Shave 5 

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

1. Simeon is not a common name and the second name of Henry is perhaps too coincidental given that you have a Henry in the ancestry, i.e., he was named after his grandfather. By getting the birth certificate you will find out the father and mother (including her maiden name)

2.  Wickhambrook is as location within the District of Risbridge where the  birth below was registered  . . . see following website
http://www.fhsc.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/risbridge.html

Re Henry 1791 and Simeon 1806 being brothers . . . the following 1841 Census entries are very circumstantial same location same occupation

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

As to the parents of Henry and Simeon  . . . no easy way to find them other than perhaps via parish registers, e.g., have Suffolk Records Office conduct a search based on what you know because they may not have been born in Wickambrook.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spice, Groves, Ellis, Odiam, Hicks in Hawkhurst, Kent
Spice, Standen, Hudson, Hesmond in Hastings/ St. Leonards, Sussex
Blackburn, Palmer, Russell in Bolton, Lancashire

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Shave - Depden/Wickhambrook PR look up please - 1851 back to 1790 if possible!
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 November 06 07:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for the info...was just hoping there'd be a cheats way!!! 

Regards, Emma ;)
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)

Offline peckham

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 23 November 06 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately searches of parish records arenot cheap but gven what they can provide and the benefi derived from being able to add the missing information i would say the cost is reasonable. My personal experience of the suffolk Records Office is a very good one re diligence and responsiveness.

1851 CENSUS
Number of Schedule 54 Wickham Street, Wickhambrook, Suffolk
Simeon Shave 47  born Depden Farmer of 55 acres employing 2 men
Ann Shave 48  Born Depden Farmer’s wife
Henry Shave 21  born Wickhambrook Farmer’s son
Joseph Shave 14  born Depden Farm Labourer

1851 CENUS

Number of Schedule 53 Wickham Street, Wickhambrook, Suffolk
Henry Shane 62  born Depden Farmer of 33 acres employing 3 men
Ann Shane 48  born Barrow, Suffolk Farmer’s wife
Henry Shane 25  born Wickhambrook Carpenter
Maria Shane 22  born Wickhambrook Farmer’s daughter
Louisa Shane 16  born Wickhambrook Farmer’s daughter
James Shane 14 born Wickhambrook Scholar
Clarisa Shane 11 born Wickhambrook Scholar
Thos Shane 12 born Wickhambrook Scholar
Charles Shane 7  born Wickhambrook Scholar
Simon H Shane 9 Mo born Wickhambrook 

ONS site for certificates
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

Suffolk Records Office site
http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/LeisureAndCulture/LocalHistoryAndHeritage/SuffolkRecordOffice/

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spice, Groves, Ellis, Odiam, Hicks in Hawkhurst, Kent
Spice, Standen, Hudson, Hesmond in Hastings/ St. Leonards, Sussex
Blackburn, Palmer, Russell in Bolton, Lancashire

Offline Rick

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Emails are not working at the moment sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Depden/Wickhambrook PR look up please - 1790 - 1851 - SHAVE
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 December 06 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am piecing together a branch of my tree and there are a couple of people showing on census records that I can't fit in. 

At the moment, at the top of my line I have Henry Shave b.c 1789 Depden, Suffolk - would it be possible to find out who his parents were?

There is also a Simeon Shave b.c 1804 Depden Suffolk - who were his parents?  Is it possible he could be Henry's Brother?

In 1851, Simeon Shave was born in Wickhambrook, Suffolk.  He was the Grandson of Simeon b.c 1804, but I have no way of finding out who his parents were. 

Can anyone help?

Regards, Emma ;)

Volunteers offer lookups from the Depden & Wickhambrook registers at The Suffolk Surname List.

http://www.suffolk-surnames-list.co.uk/

Rick :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Depden/Wickhambrook PR look up please - 1790 - 1851 - SHAVE
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 December 06 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Rick! Will pop over there now!

Regards, Emma ;)