Author Topic: Grandad and my Dad  (Read 972 times)

Offline Neptune

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Grandad and my Dad
« on: Saturday 25 November 06 21:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

I've just been given this photo of my Dad with his Dad. I've never seen my Grandad before until now as he died before I was born and this is the only photo that I know of. I would guess it was taken in the early 1930's.
Unfortunately it is a little worse for wear.  I would be very grateful if some kind person could help to try to improve it please.

Thanks to anyone who might help.

Regards

Chris
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mudge

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Grandad and my Dad
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 November 06 00:34 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, tried but to no avail!
Mudge

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 November 06 02:21 GMT (UK) »
here is one , not much better but it may be a starter for ten, must go to bed now, kali, g,nite.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline trellisick

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 November 06 02:32 GMT (UK) »
sorry this is the one i ment to post, kali.
KUHNELL, prussia, germany, australia. TAYLOR, easton in gordano, penmark, essex. barry, glamorgan. HILL, southampton, barry, glamorgan.

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 26 November 06 02:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi .. I am in the middle of this one and I thought the man was carrying a wreath  and was in a cemetery .. I have what look like crosses and gravestones on the right .. ???Course I could be wrong ....  Is it possible that this could be taken in a cemetery Neptune ?
Poll :-\
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 November 06 03:18 GMT (UK) »
I'm playing with this one too Poll...can't see any crosses though.  That does look like wreath but so hard to tell with so much damage.

cazza
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 26 November 06 03:45 GMT (UK) »
mmmWhat do you think ?
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople

Offline Neptune

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 26 November 06 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

Thank you all very much for helping. Unfortunately the picture is poor to start with but it is now more clear.

Polldoll I agree - it looks like it could be a cemetary and he seems to be holding something, possibly flowers, you could be right. I hadn't been able to make out the background before. Maybe it is one in Liverpool as they lived outside the city. There seems to be a hill in the background - I'm curious now!

Once again many thanks to all - much appreciated.

Chris
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk