Author Topic: Benjamin Brownsell 1850/ 1860 / 1870 Iowa. Wisconsin  (Read 1353 times)

Offline drewsankie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My 6 X Gt Uncle James Brindley
    • View Profile
Benjamin Brownsell 1850/ 1860 / 1870 Iowa. Wisconsin
« on: Saturday 25 November 06 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Seeking the census of Benjamin Brownsell who was born 1824 Hanslope, Bucks, but left the UK for the USA with his uncle Benjamin and arrived in New York in 1843.

The Uncle Benjamin born 1801 settled in Iowa, before going on to Wisconsin.
I know quite a  bit about him. but it is the other Benjamin i  need to find out more on.

I think that Benjamin b 1824 was in Racine, Wisconsin in the 1840s but moved to Iowa but need to locate him and find out if he had any children, he had a wife called Caroline also born in England
Benjamin died 1883 and is buried in Linwood Cemetry. Caroline d 1887
In 1880 they are in Boone, Iowa.

Regards Ian Markie

Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk<br /><br />GENEALOGISTS DON`T DIE THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS !<br /><br />Markie, Northants, London, Scotland, New Zealand<br />Gibson,Gt Doddington, Denton Northants<br />Allen, Northampton<br />Ashley,Kettering Burton Latimer, Kings Cliffe, Australia <br />Stubbs. Northants, Staffs<br />Greenough, Northampton<br />Lewin, Brownsell, Bucks.<br />Whitehead, London, Scotland.<br />Thompson, Mears Ashby Northants/ Tiney, Woodford