Author Topic: Catherine May Spendlove  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine May Spendlove
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 25 February 24 12:54 GMT (UK) »
I have information on her birth etc but it is later information after moving to England that I am interested in.

The 1931 marriage detail posted was George the correct father's name for your Catherine May?

I did a quick check of the London Electoral Register to see if I could see Catherine as a Mackay before 1931 marriage she wasn't listed with the Spendlove's that I could see  :-\

As you have her birth information with her parents names and address I assume you have her on the 1911 census with parents and siblings in Sutherland Scotland?

Do you have Catherine on the 1921 census? If so, where was she living - in Scotland or England?

Year 1921 London Electoral Register
Address 153a Church Road
Harry, Lucy & William Spendlove others at that address with surnames Cox, Stallard, & Knight
Spendlove's still there year1930, no Cox & Stallard - No Frank Spendlove with them year 1921 or 1930 and Harry & Lucy are not there from year 1932 but there are Spendlove, Knight (children of H&L)

If that's the correct marriage in 1931 her address given 153a Church Road their first child birth registered in Lambeth London, second in Braintree Essex, if you purchase this birth certificate it will give you their address in Essex 1935. Unfortunately this year is not available on GRO online indexes so you won't be able to purchase a digital image for £2.50.

died in 1999 in Circencester.

Catherine May Spendlove birth 21 May 1905
Death Feb 1999 Cirencester, Gloucestershire

Her dob on death matches the 1939 register living in Herefordshire mentioned by Spendlove.

Do you have her death certificate? If so, does the address match that of the 1939 Register?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk