Author Topic: 1871 CROSS in Ross & Crom.  (Read 6474 times)

Offline Tabatha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1871 CROSS in Ross & Crom.
« on: Monday 27 November 06 00:14 GMT (UK) »
Cd someone please do a lookup on the 1871 for Ann Cross
73 yrs old  b. 1798.

Need household, all info please

Thanks much!
Tabatha

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 CROSS in Ross & Crom.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 November 06 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tabatha

We would need more information & depending on where she was (if still alive?) the area might or might not be covered by freecen.

Modified: not found in Ross and Cromarty on freecen: http://freecen.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

You can do a free search on Scotland's People (but need to register first) and then the site is pay-per-view to see the results.  Even the search can narrow down the area in which to look.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Tabatha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 November 06 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Arranroots - I did check Scotland's People.
There is one Ann Cross.  I'm presuming she's alive - she was in earlier census.
Ross and Cromarty is the county (lived there forever) - I put that in the subject line. She was in Urquhart but her husband died so she may have moved but still R&C.
Was hoping someone wouldn't mind checking that site - but I appreciate your response.

By the way I know of a KEARNEY.  Ian with brother, Harry,  from Scotland.  Interesting story.
Tabatha

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 November 06 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Well, there are sometimes people with extra credits (you should have asked last week, when I had some!)

My KEARNEYS were in Neath & Dublin but none of them were born!  At least not as far as I have found!!

;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Tabatha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 November 06 23:21 GMT (UK) »
One of these Kearneys wasn't born either.  They say he crawled out from under a rock!

Thks for the response - next time I'll know to catch you earlier!!!
Tabatha.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 November 06 05:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tabatha,
No Ann on the 1871 census, in R & C.

Only 2 anywhere, age 70 Cadder (Eastern) Lanark.  Age 71 Paisley Middle and Low Parishes Renfrew.

You have 2 choices for death. I think it's the first one.

1865  Cross Ann Mother's name Rose Mckenzie F 68  Urquhart and Logie Wester.

1869 Cross Annabella   F 72  same area.

If it's not one of these nothing else is available.

Thats my credit gone for now.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Tabatha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 November 06 17:52 GMT (UK) »
Hey, Jamjar - thanks for checking I appreciate it.
I do believe you are right.
She was 63 in 1861 and it fits.  The location is right too!

Her maiden name was Ann Rose.
Now you've told me her mother's name I'm wondering if Rose was her middle name and not her surname!!!!!
I'm going to make use of that death date until something
shows me I'm wrong.   I have an Annabelle or two showing up in other families so I can use that death date also!    Thanks much!!
Tabatha

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 November 06 07:03 GMT (UK) »
I like to be able to help Tabitha. What's a few pence to make someone happy.

I'm not sure why finding records of dead people make us happy, but I remember the very first time I found a record was at St Catherine's House, in London.  I squealed and a whole lot of folk said congratulations and chatted with me.

Yes, I bet her middle name was Rose.

You can always post things you want looked up. When I have spare credit I look through things on the board and try to find them.

Take care,

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline arie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 08 January 10 17:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tabatha

I see you posted this quite a while ago but thought it was worth a shot.  I believe Roderick Cross, husband of Anne Rose, might have been a brother of my ancestor Alexander Cross, who was a witness at the marriage of Roderick and Anne's daughter Isabella.  Anne Rose was indeed a Rose, and she was the daughter of Alexander Rose and Isabella Mackenzie.  I'd be curious to hear if you know any further information on the Crosses and their descendants.  Alexander Cross was the son of William and Anne Cross, born probably in Dingwall (near Kiltearn) in 1797, and later moved to Canada.

Cheers
Arie