Author Topic: Havard surname research  (Read 3566 times)

Offline mrsd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Havard surname research
« on: Monday 27 November 06 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have just registered & would like to post my interest in research on the Havard family. I now know there are several different known families that may have linked up in the dim & distant past.

My grandfather was William Havard who lived in Ystradgynlais with his wife & 3 young children until his early death in 1934, aged just 32, in a mining accident at Abercrave colliery. His parents were George & Elizabeth Havard who moved across the Brecons to Ystradgynlais following a few years spent in Patagonia at the turn of the twentieth century. George lived at the family farm, Penwern, Boughrood, until he fell out with his father. They had several children, including (I think) my grandfather whilst they were in Patagonia. I would like to know how to go about finding out the details of both my grandfather's birth, & when & how his parents emigrated; this is still a big hole in this part of my family research. I have found details of births & christenings of his brother & sisters born there, but  not him. The family were living there at the time of the 1901 census.

Also, if anyone has or can obtain a picture of the colliery at Abercrave, it would really be appreciated.

Thanks.

mrsd

Moderator comment: if you can help mrsd, please reply on her thread on the Glamorgan board.  Thanks

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,198872.msg994916.html#msg994916

Brace-Herefordshire
Davies-Wales
Evans-Wales, Herefordshire, Shropshire & Hampshire
Havard-Wales, New Zealand, Hampshire
Brown-Staffordshire
Heath-Staffordshire, Monmouthshire, Leicestershire
Holland-Herefordshire
Tatton-Staffordshire
Oliver-Shropshire
Sheward-Shropshire
Kinsey-Radnorshire