Author Topic: Vic Death lookup please? - 1902 to 1914  (Read 4512 times)

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
Re: Vic Death lookup please? - 1902 to 1914
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 November 06 09:15 GMT (UK) »
hey  there 

thanks  Chris  and Sue for  you  kind  comments and

yes sue 
i  know exactly  what  you  mean  I  remember  a  cemetery  site  in  Victoria  cannot  for the  life of me  remember  which  one  but  now  no  information  on  the net  you  have  to buy  the CD  for  25dollars  now  is  that good  or bad?
people  have to  make  money  that  is  also  True  but  as  our  interest/hobby  grows  so  does  marketing  potential
for a  dollar  or  two

we  will  just  have  to  make  the  most  of  it

regards Jenn

When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline ChristineR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 November 06 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Do you mean Ian Marrs Cemeteries of South West Victoria?  Headstone transcripts. 

I used to use it a lot as I have family in the Horsham area, so when the Horsham section went offline I quite happily purchased the cd as it has large cemeteries like Warranambool and Hamilton that have never been online.  It also includes photos of some of the smaller cemetery headstones which was a bonus!  It was just too much info for being online, and it was a free site, and heavily visited I would imagine, so one can see why a  person would want to make a few bob to maintain the rest of the site.

Christine

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 November 06 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Mmmm.. yes

Ian is charging now for all his hard work, but the cost is not high given the value contained.

The smaller cemeteries are still free and maybe he will kindly keep them that way.

As time goes by people on RC and other sites will probably  buy the individual cd's[ for Hamilton, Mortlake etc.] and then begin to share the info contained like they do with the indexes on cd from different states.  I know some already do hold cd indexes for some cemeteries and share the detalis.

Meantime, I do wish Necropolis would get back online.  Long time now.  Better give them another query.
Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk