Author Topic: Re James Davies 1881  (Read 814 times)

Offline joanw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re James Davies 1881
« on: Thursday 30 November 06 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible that the visitors to the Davies family were relations as I would like to find out why someone with an unusual name was at their home on the night of the census

Offline DS

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Re James Davies 1881
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 December 06 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello joanw.

In 1891 Catherine Blest 36 Widow born Dublin is living at 53 Brook St, Chorley with her four children, James Joseph 18, Alice Ann 16, John 14 and Thomas 8. All four children were born in Chorley.

In 1881, whilst Catherine and Alice Ann were visitors at the Davies household in Oswaldtwistle, James Joseph was with Gertrude Mulineaux at 17 Eldon St, Chorley and John was with grandparents, James and Mary Mulineaux at 12 Elliott St, Chorley. 

In 1872 AMJ quarter Chorley 8e 642 Catherine Molyneaux and Miles Blest appear on the list of people who had a marriage registered.

I cannot see any immediately apparent relationship between the Mulineaux (Molyneaux) or Blest families and the Davies family but maybe the information will be of some use to you.

DS
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline andrewalston

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My granddad
    • View Profile
Re: Re James Davies 1881
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 December 06 15:14 GMT (UK) »
According to LancashireBMD, the marriage was Chorley Register Office or Registrar Attended - quite likely if they were Roman Catholics.
Looking at ALSTON in south Ribble area, ALSTEAD and DONBAVAND/DUNBABIN etc. everywhere, HOWCROFT and MARSH in Bolton and Westhoughton, PICKERING in the Whitehaven area.

Census information is Crown Copyright. See www.nationalarchives.gov.uk for details.