Author Topic: majurey, majury, m'jury  (Read 10369 times)

Offline Allysa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: majurey, majury, m'jury
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 August 11 01:09 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I am related to this line as well. My great great grandmother is also Lucinda Clarke, but I am descended through her second husband Charles Pell.

I would love to be in touch with any family that connect to these trees as I have been working on a family tree.

My email is (*)

Allysa

(*) email address removed in accordance with Rootschat policy. Please use PM (Personal message) to exchange personal details

Offline bangorgirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 August 11 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hello there,

Thanks for your messages, Allysa and vpurch.  I haven't been on this site for a long time I'm afraid, so Allysa your message alerted me to come back and see the replies!  I'm not sure if I would have any useful information for you unfortunately, if you are related to Lucinda via her second husband. Her first husband, Robert Henry, was the brother of my great great grandmother, Sarah Majurey.  But if there's anything you want to ask I'll see what I can do!

vpurch - perhaps we have more connection?  I have seen Sarah Majurey (senior)'s name as Middleton and Middlington - I wonder which it was?

All the best,

Beth

Offline Allysa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 29 August 11 20:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks Beth,

I would like to be in contact as many Majurey's are still related to me ad i have them on my family tree.

Hope to hear from you again.

Allysa

Offline vpurch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 January 12 20:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have not been back here for a while, which of Lucinda's and Charles descendants do you come from?  I know of Grace and Midge?

Would love to exchange more info

Offline vpurch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 January 12 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Beth

One thing in particular we have struggled with is when exactly (and How) Robert and his brother got to NZ.  We have some photos of a young Robert still in Ireland  (we think)  Anyway would love to catch up with you and Allysa for some info exchange..photos etc

here are some of the children of  Lucinda

Offline Lin123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: majurey, Caulfield
« Reply #14 on: Monday 02 July 12 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hello there,

I've been looking through my Grandmother's papers and found a letter from someone called Pam from New Zealand seeking information relating to the Caulfields and Majureys mentioned in this thread.  I found this post after a little Google-ing...Artemis - are you Pam?!  I have a bunch of family tree and birth/death information here and, if I've worked it all out correctly, I am the great great great granddaughter of the Sarah and James John Caulfield mentioned above.  My grandmother was Margaret Caulfield, the youngest daughter of Robert. 

I hope that you are able to see this message and get in touch!  If I don't hear from you soon I shall post a letter to the address I have from your letter of 1996 and keep my fingers crossed that you are still living there.

With warm wishes,
Beth

Greetings from Canada,

I was so excited to read this post! I am researching the Caufield/Tweedie name from Bangor, Ireland for my Minister. He is the grandson of Robert Caulfield, son of Robert's daughter Dorothy, Margaret's sister.

Do hope this message reaches you and would love to correspond.

Thanks so much.

Linda

Offline Londonlivin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 27 December 21 00:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello from England to all,
Have been trying to determine the father of my 81 year old distant cousin (we are linked by her mums side) Philomena (born 1940, Belfast) who never knew her father or his name.

At this stage, by using her closest DNA match (John Tweedie on Ancestry) and matches trees and research I have determined the most likely person (although not certain) her dad was = a Caulfield of Albert St, Bangor, a son of Robert Henry Caulfield & Margaret Nichol.

The tree I put together is public on Ancestry and is called - Caulfield research tree (not verified).
Thanks for sharing info here.
The info on my tree has some records for the 'missing' ones mentioned in posts here, hope it is of use.
Hoping to be able one day to discover who her dad was and wonder if anyone may have any more info possibly to share regarding the Caulfield sons of Robert & Margaret, Bangor.
Thank you,
 Bee

fquote author=Artemis1 link=topic=200269.msg1005343#msg1005343 date=1165297134]
Majurey - looking for this family but would like to hear about others to try and fit the jigsaw puzzle together.

Robert Majurey born abt 1806, died 1876, Cottown (Bangor, C Down), married Sarah Middleton born abt 1808 died 1882 Cottown.

Sons James born abt 1840 died 1910 NZ unmarried, and Robert Henry born about 1850 died 1902 NZ, married Lucinda Creavy Clark 1883 NZ, immigrated to new Zealand about 1868-1869. (my line)

Daughter Sarah died 1919 Bangor married (1) 1867 James John Caulfield (2) Hugh McNielly: children Robert Henry Caulfield 1868, Hugh Caulfield born 1871, Harriet McNielly and Cissie McNielly.

Daughter Mary Jane born abt 1835, died after 1911 in Ireland, married 1856 William Foster. Children: sarah born 08 Mar 1865, Agnes born 22 Jul 1867 Bangor, Robert Henry born 22 Jun 1870 Bangor, John 1874, Annie abt 1875, Hugh abt 1876, and possibly 3 older children.

I believe there may have been another sister as well.
[/quote]

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 27 December 21 15:37 GMT (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

For others, here are some links-

Daughter Sarah died 1919 Bangor married (1) 1867 James John Caulfield (2) Hugh McNielly: children Robert Henry Caulfield 1868, Hugh Caulfield born 1871, Harriet McNielly and Cissie McNielly.

Died on 21st December 1919. The informant was her daughter S (Sara) Holdsworth.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1920/05133/4413835.pdf

In 1911 census with husband Hugh.
House 43 in Victoria [Road] (Bangor, Down).
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Down/Bangor/Victoria/261880/

From GRONI- https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/
Death
Hugh McNeilly   25th September 1922        68     Male     Newtownards

Marriage of Sara McNeilly to William Holdsworth in 1906 in Ballygrainey Presbyterian Church. One of the witnesses was her sister, Harriett McNeilly.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1906/10143/5690535.pdf

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Londonlivin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 27 December 21 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much !

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

For others, here are some links-

Died on 21st December 1919. The informant was her daughter S (Sara) Holdsworth.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1920/05133/4413835.pdf

In 1911 census with husband Hugh.
House 43 in Victoria [Road] (Bangor, Down).
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Down/Bangor/Victoria/261880/

From GRONI- https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/
Death
Hugh McNeilly   25th September 1922        68     Male     Newtownards

Marriage of Sara McNeilly to William Holdsworth in 1906 in Ballygrainey Presbyterian Church. One of the witnesses was her sister, Harriett McNeilly.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1906/10143/5690535.pdf

KG