Author Topic: Deaths on Jersey, 1846-1861, ASHELFORD  (Read 2974 times)

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
Re: Deaths on Jersey, 1846-1861, ASHELFORD
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 February 07 10:50 GMT (UK) »
good morning ruth had a late night on the pc and found some info on ernest wilfred ashelford  about his victory medal in world war one having trouble to attatch it to this message if youdonot have this info will email it to u also found another ashelford will send it to you shortly david

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 February 07 11:19 GMT (UK) »
hi dont know if this is one of yours -charles alfred ashelford 1871-1951-born st hellier he was raised  in bible christian church and after training shebbear college was ordained in 1894 -he excercised his ministry of 36 years in home circuits - hope this might be of some  use to u david  :) ;) :D

Offline RuthLA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 23 February 07 22:58 GMT (UK) »
I knew Ernest Wilfred Ashelford was on the Jersey roll of WW I service.  I don't know if he married.

Charles Alfred was a brother of Francis Jonathan Ashelford (who married Caroline Ball).  I had found his ministry record and also found his marriage in 1901; I don't know if they had children.

Any Ashelford with a Jersey or Alderney connection was of the same Somerset family.  I would so like to get hold of the marriage and death registrations and parish registers of Jersey.  I have read that LDS has received permission to film them, but I don't know when they will be available.  As of now, they are only available on Jersey itself.
Ruth

Offline raa

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • humbug
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 February 07 23:05 GMT (UK) »
hi ruth i know its annoying when i go on ancestry if its the channell islands it doesnt give births marriages and deaths i hope u have the weekend off  :) :) :) im hoping to go to jersey when i do ill do some lookups for you if u want david

Offline RuthLA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 24 February 07 04:15 GMT (UK) »
David-
Channel Island civil registrations were never included in the GRO registrations of England and Wales - unfortunately!!  So they are not available anywhere in England, on film, or ancestry.com.  Not even Society of Genealogists in London.   Further, the Jersey civil registrations are not indexed for the whole island but for each parish (13 I believe) separately, so it could be quite a search.  The parish registers are each separate, as in England.  There are 2 libraries in St. Helier that have copies of both the church registers and the civil registration indexes.

I would be ever so grateful if you could do some look ups for me on Jersey - please let me know when you are going.  You can e-mail me directly at   rdunlap@tsf.net