Author Topic: Roneys of Whitehaven and elsewhere  (Read 3818 times)

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Roneys of Whitehaven and elsewhere
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Carol
Who is the Hugh with wife Isabella and child Isabella baptised 1836 at Whitehaven?
The aunt Mary Ann Roney on the 51 census living with Philip born Whitehaven c1777 could this have been Hugh's sister or if sister  in law which Roney was she married to.Where were they on the 41 census?

Dotty
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carolgriff

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 22:34 GMT (UK) »
aunt!

ive never found an aunt, tell more. i wont sleep:)

carol

ps Hugh and Isabella have intrigued me for years, who the heck are they!
CHARLES COOPER BEDFORDSHIRE, WALL CLEMENS CORNWALL,  LOWTHER RONEY CUMBERLAND, ANDERSON RAMSHAW MULLEN DURHAM, NILES IRELAND, MCMULLEN HORROCKSLANCASHIRE, REED YORKSHIRE

Offline carolgriff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 22:47 GMT (UK) »
what an idiot am I- dont answer!
Why have I never seen an aunt before?
Cos i never loooked at the census- i trusted the transcript, I believed they
 had a 7 months old kid and not an old aunt- learn from my mistake folks:)
I could kiss you Dotty, Iwont sleep tonight:)

carol
CHARLES COOPER BEDFORDSHIRE, WALL CLEMENS CORNWALL,  LOWTHER RONEY CUMBERLAND, ANDERSON RAMSHAW MULLEN DURHAM, NILES IRELAND, MCMULLEN HORROCKSLANCASHIRE, REED YORKSHIRE

Offline carolgriff

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 27 February 07 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Today I finally received the certificate of Hugh Roney/Rooney/Merney etc etc.

You may recall that I was told that a 35 year old Hugh Roney had died  16th March 1841 Queen Street Whitehaven and I was intrigued as my Catherine Philip and Barney Roney were at Queen Street 1841 after losing their dad Hugh Roney 1839.

Full praise to Whitehaven register office who responded to my plea and found what looked to them like Hugh Mooney aged 35 Queen Street.

The cert came today Hugh MOONEY a mariner of 41 Queen Street aged 35. The informant is Elizabeth Lindow of Queen Street who was present at the death.

Looking at 1841 census I think maybe the address was 71 and not 41, I see a Jane Money living near Elizabeth Lindow.

I think this is perhaps a dead end, I know you should never rule anything out but Id be suprised to find a mariner amongst my lot and although Jane is a family name- I really dont think Money/Mooney is Rony/Rooney.

By the way if these are anyones rellies then I will gladly provide a copy.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions- knowing is better than not knowing I suppose:(

Carol