Author Topic: 17 Bomb Disposal Company, Royal Engineers  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Tjapaltjarri

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
17 Bomb Disposal Company, Royal Engineers
« on: Thursday 07 December 06 07:54 GMT (UK) »
My uncle, Alan Williman, (back row 3rd from left in officers) was posted to this unit in 1940 from the 718 General Construction Company RE and spent two and a half years romping around southern England blowing things up before getting a transfer to a Road Construction Company and a trip through France and Belgium to Germany in 1944/5.

I would be interested to hear from other families whose relatives were with this unit. (my uncle published his war memoire privately on the stipulation it was not to be copied, but it is interesting to note that some of the people and events he mentions are illustrated on the BD website www.bombdisposalclub.org.uk/BD_history.htm)

Tjapaltjarri
Attwood-WOR,Blackford-Blockley,Brightman-Spalding,Carey-Wainfleet,Cave-Spalding,Collop-Chigwell,Cook-Wickham Market,Cooper-Pettistree,Dabbs-Humber,Davis-Pancras,Foyster-LIN, Dawson-Gt Hale,Eastcott-CON,Fenton-NFK,Foord-Horsmonden,Goble-SSX,Howell-GLO,Kellow-St Teath,Kent-Southwark,King-Lamberhurst,Parmenter-Halstead,Penaluna-CON,Polglase-Falmouth,Press-NFK,Redgrove-SRY,Rice-N Ireland,Ruddell-Rotherhithe,Screech-Saltash, Skerry-NFK,Surman-WOR,Waghorn-KEN,Weatherhog-LIN,Williman-NFK