Author Topic: Caernarvonshire BMD COMPLETED  (Read 2986 times)

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Caernarvonshire BMD COMPLETED
« on: Thursday 07 December 06 09:24 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know when or if the BMDs from Bangor/Caernarvonshire will be added to the North Wales BMD site? 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: CAERNARVONSHIRE BMD
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 December 06 10:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi

There seem to be a few problems. I'm not sure what/why but I did a pile of deaths 18 months ago and I thought that most of the transcriptions had been done then  :(

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 December 06 10:11 GMT (UK) »
I suppose when Gwynedd FHS get round to transcribing them. I know the Clwyd FHS has been hard at it for years, hence the regular updates.

For some reason Gwynedd seems to do its own thing and then end up lagging behind. They very rarely answer emails either.

On the other hand, you could always contact the coordinators of the North Wales BMD and offer to transcribe the parishes that you are interested in. Thats what I did with FreeCEN.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 December 06 10:12 GMT (UK) »
D - Clwyd FHS were transcribing them. That's how I got involved. All those Williams  :o

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 December 06 15:14 GMT (UK) »
D - Clwyd FHS were transcribing them. That's how I got involved. All those Williams  :o

Tell me about it. One of my maternal grandparents was a Williams from Llanllfyni, the other a Williams from Holyhead.... :P
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
CAERNARVONSHIRE BMD
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 December 06 17:56 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the responses everybody.  I've noticed there is a very big difference between researching in Clwyd and in Gwynedd/caernarvonshire.  Nowhere near the participation and information available.  Gwynedd FHS is split up into, I think, five different geographical areas, so perhaps that also has something to do with it.   

It might also be that many family researchers get mind-blowingly frustrated trying to sift through all the common names, eg have five generations of John Joneses on my father's side.  I was looking for a death of a John Roberts in Bangor district the other day and found fifty possibles ::)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 December 06 17:59 GMT (UK) »

It might also be that many family researchers get mind-blowingly frustrated trying to sift through all the common names, eg have five generations of John Joneses on my father's side.  I was looking for a death of a John Roberts in Bangor district the other day and found fifty possibles ::)

To paraphrase Dewi, John Jones and John Roberts - tell me about them  ::)

We're not related are we - no yours are those John Joneses and that John Roberts  ;)

Gadget

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Caernarvonshire BMD
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 07 December 06 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Sometimes think I might as well be playing "pin the tail on the donkey"  ;D

It is hard enough trying to find the right rellies on the census, but beyond 1841 it is virtually impossible to go back further with many of mine.   ESPECIALLY if you are not Welsh speaking - the place names are so confusing - I find there are a lot of spelling changes as well.   I guess it depended on whether the census taker was Welsh or how careful they were.   

With a lot of hard work, one of my distant cousins has been able to trace back a lot of Griffiths in the Llandegai area, going back to 1699 or so.   Just depends on whether the families were well off enough to be tenant farmers or something so there was a bit of a paper trail with wills and leases etc..  But since most of mine were quarrymen going back four or five generations there doesn't seem to be much hope  :(

By the way Gadget, I love your website.  You've done a wonderful job! :) :)

Offline big g

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Caernarvonshire BMD
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 30 December 06 14:27 GMT (UK) »
 :) :)
Gadget,
Just found your website - it is fantastic - I am so envious......
maybe, just maybe, those of us who see it will be spurred on to do more than put details onto  a programme for our family tree!!!

Glenys
Williams - Llanllyfni Llandwrog Llanrug Bedd Austr.
Jones - Beddgelert/Nantlle
Parry - Llanllyfni
Owen s - Beddgelert
Pierce - Llanrug
Jarvis/Jervis - Llanrug
Roberts - Llanddeiniolen
Griffith  - Beddgellert/LLanrug

"This information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Corrin - I.o.M./Bootle/K'dale/Seaforth
Stewart - Durham L'pool
Whitford -I o M L'pool
Atkinson - Bootle K'dale