Author Topic: Near St Asaph?  (Read 3472 times)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: Near St Asaph?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 December 06 14:45 GMT (UK) »
Could they all have gone to London? there's a death which would fit for age
Sophia Ainsworth June qtr 1878 St Saviour Southwark, London age 62 - 1d 75
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 December 06 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Check the National Archives site http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Report on the Archives of the ARCHBISHOP OF BIRMINGHAM (B)   

Birmingham Roman Catholic Diocesan Trust (BRCDT)

FILE - Sophia Ainsworth to Bp. Ullathorne. - ref. B02509  - date: 3 Jul 1852

Contents
Hanley Castle.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 December 06 15:06 GMT (UK) »
You'll find a lot of information if you search A2A site http://www.a2a.org.uk/ for John Lees Ainsworth

Marriage Settlement: (i) Rev. John Hanmer of Hanmer, co. Flint. (ii) John Lees Ainsworth of the Butts, Rochdale, esq., (iii) Sophia Hanmer, d. of Rev. John Hanmer, spinster, and Alexander Abercromby of Glasgow, esq. -- re fortune of Sophia Hanmer to be bequeathed by John Hanmer -- prior to marriage of John Lees Ainsworth and Sophia Hanmer. Date: 1839.

Declaration of Trust: of £10,000: parties as in DDX 665/3 -- to be settled by John Lees Ainsworth on his marriage to Sophia Hanmer. Date: 1839

Release: Jesse Ainsworth, esq., and others to J.G. Kenyon, esq., and others -- from trust funds subject to settlement executed on marriage of John Lees Ainsworth and Sophia Hanmer.  Date: 1882.

and possibly others.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 December 06 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just to add a bit more about Bod Erw. The National Library of Wales on line Archives have, in the Smallwood collection, the following:
186[ ]
1. John Pender of Manchester, Lancashire, esq.
2. James Gibson Bradley of 32 Lord St., Liverpool, Lancashire, merchant, and Charles Walter Wyatt of Bod Erw House, St. Asaph, co. Flint, esq.
DEED OF COVENANT for the production of title deeds, dated 24 July 1845 and 15 Sep. 1851, relating to m’s and lands in p. GYFFIN, co. Caern.

It might be worth doing various searches for this family here:

http://www.llgc.org.uk:81/

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Reiver

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 07 December 06 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Many many thanks all of you.   I certainly didn't expect that degree of response.

My question really was about the whereabouts of what Titch has pointec out is Llewesog not the guess that my relative had put in her notes.

I am  putting together a booklet about my wife's family whom I have been following up over some 30 years.   My wife's 'four greats' grandparents were Jesse and Sarah Ainsworth from near Rochdale, Lancashire.
John Lees Ainsworth was their grandson, son of David Ainsworth.  At 1st cousin 4 times emoved of my wife it was not my intention to follow his line up - or rather down :)   With all the leads supplied by all of you I may change my mind.  Thanks you again.

If anyone is linked to John Lees Ainsworth or the other Ainsworths referred to please get in touch.

Regards
Reiver

Offline Reiver

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 01 January 07 19:48 GMT (UK) »
What started as a request for the spelling of Llewesog on this Denbigh list has resulted in a fascinating result with help from your goodselves, the Flint list and the Dublin list.

John Lees Ainsworth was a distant cousin so I didn't really  want to find out more than I already knew.

However John who started life as a Particular Baptist near Rochdale  died in 1871 as a Roman Catholic.  He married Sophia Hanmer, daughter of the Vicar of Hanmer, in 1839. They lived I think for some considerable time at Llewesog.  She converted to Roman Catholicism in about 1850 and with John's agreement all their children became Roman Catolics.  He too converted to Roman Catholicism before he died in 1871.  She subsequently decided she wanted to become a nun and 'joined' the monastery at Drumcondra, near Dublin.  She died there in April 1882.  A contact thru' their website provide lots of details from their archive.

I shall leave it there I think . . . . .  unless :)

It all happened with your help

Regards
Reiver