Author Topic: William O'Connor/Ellen Foott  (Read 37938 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: William O'Connor/Ellen Foott
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 25 March 12 22:08 BST (UK) »
looks like the same family in 1911 - different townland, but the same DED, so probably that that far away from where they were in 1901...

1911 Foote household  - Maulbaun

and for reference - 1901, Foote household

Update: "The Glen" is in the townland of Lackaroe, which is immediately south of Maulbaun townland, and a short distance to the south of the centre of the town of Passage West.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 25 March 12 22:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks shanewe147
Looks promising  not familiar with the area, appreciate your help
                                                                                                thanks little Annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 15 April 12 21:45 BST (UK) »
Sorry to be a pain to anyone ,but can anyone find a possable marriage for Michael & Elizabeth ie 1890? working on Nellie's age
                                    Thank's little annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 15 April 12 21:54 BST (UK) »
Do you have Elizabeth's maiden name ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 15 April 12 22:08 BST (UK) »
Sorry Shane
I wish i had i am just throwing this to the wind & hoping for a few possibility's

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 15 April 12 22:10 BST (UK) »
might be an idea to try following up one of the children births to confirm the mother's name.

All the locations mentioned for places of birth for Michael, Elizabeth and the children i.e. Carrigaline, Ballincollig, Ballygarvan & Passage west are in the Cork registration district. If they married in this area then there only appears to be one likely marriage in this district between 1888 and 1892. A Michael Foote, also listed as Michael Footte.

these are the references :

Name: Michael Foote
  Registration district:   Cork
  Event type: Marriage
  Quarter and year: Jul-Sep 1890
  Volume: 5 / Page: 115

see : Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon
        Details included on a Marriage Cert

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 15 April 12 22:16 BST (UK) »
Thank's Shane
 look's good let's hope i don't waste my money on this one , one must try though

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 15 April 12 22:25 BST (UK) »
there's a possible cross-match to that Michael Foot marriage with an Eliza Mahony

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 15 April 12 22:39 BST (UK) »
You might have a peice of the jigsaw Shane, in the 1911 census i have Thomas Mahoney (cousin) living with William Connor & Ellen Foote/tte etc in monk's town .
                                                                     That's great Shane