Author Topic: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana  (Read 69728 times)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
Re: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 23 March 11 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello Coilean
My auntie has confirmed a lot what you have said, i have asked about the name Grant and she said Catherine ( Cassie) married a James Grant we should have a photo of Sarah & Tom some where i will try to find it i will be in touch soon
               Little Annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 24 March 11 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Coilean
Do you know anything about James McLaughlin  i.e who were the rest of his family
   Little Annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline big pat on

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 21:09 GMT (UK) »
hi,little Annie,
Charles harkin was my grandfather. His father was Patrick Harkin Meendoran,who was married to Mary
Mc Laughlin [potts] Fallask.My mother was Susan Harkin.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 10 November 11 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Big Pat
Great to hear from you,   would Mary be Sarah's sister, at last i think i have a connection.
Was you ever told that a McLaughlin married a McLaughlin in fact any info would be great
                                                                                      Little Annie

Offline big pat on

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 10 November 11 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello,Annie,
Sorry i dont have any info [at present ] on the mc Laughlin side. But ,my great grandfather Patrick harkin
 married Mary Mc Laughlin ,Fallask in 1864[according to my information].i am at present living in clonmany
and have got sidetracked into researching the Harkin connection.--interesting--.For instance your relation
'Mary and her husband Patrick Harkin were evicted with their young family in the Meendoran evictions of
1882 . I discovered my great grandmothers maiden name by talking to a gentleman who is very much alive and well and living locally .if you are resident in Inishowen afew hours in the right company in the North Pole
Bar might answer a lot of your [our] questions.
Good luck
Pat.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 10 November 11 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Big Pat
I wish i. could just pop up the rd, but i live in Birmingham uk . I have seen a picture from Cock hill of a family grave, McLaughlin Fallask but has no names on it as it is very old.
Anne Harkin nee (McLaughlin) has only 2 children left Phil & Bridget i (we) still have cousins in Derry hope this part of the family tree open's up a new line for you
                                                                                                    Patrick

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 11 November 11 17:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Big Pat would you have any photos of Mary ,i have 2 of Sarah plus her children
I nearly forgot when was the death of Mary & Patrick

Offline big pat on

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 12 November 11 18:03 GMT (UK) »
hi, annie,
sorry, dont know of any photos of Mary.i have seen a photograph of Charles[her son] and his wife-
Mary Gibbons from Meentiagh Glen. In the 1901 census Mary was recorded as being the head of the house in Meendoran .Her age was given as 60.  I'm just getting back into this for the winter so I hope to dig up some more info as regards death,marriage records etc.
good luck,
Pat.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 13 November 11 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Pat, you keep in touch  if i find out anymore i will let you know.