Author Topic: 1841/1851 devon census lookup request  (Read 1301 times)

Offline lynnmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841/1851 devon census lookup request
« on: Tuesday 16 November 04 17:57 GMT (UK) »
CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN LOOKING UP THE DEVONSHIRE CENSUS FOR 1841/1851 FOR ANNA MARIA LANE BORN ABT 1848 IN CULMSTOCK IN DEVON.  HER PARENTS WERE john LANE b c1818 AND EMILY CORRICK BOTH BORN IN THE SAME AREA.  oBVIOUSLY ANNA WON`T BE ON THE 1841 CENSUS  BUT JOhn AND EMILY SHOULD BE ALSO ANY OTHER SIBLINGS WHICH I DON`T HAVE THE DETAILS OF
MANY THANKS
LINDA

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 devon census lookup request
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Cannot Locate a Joel or Anna Marie but I keep coming back to this entry...I wonder  ???

HO107/1921 Folio 681 Page 21
Town Wellington
Culmstock Wellington Devonshire

LANE John Head b Uffculm Devon Blacksmith
LANE Emily Wife b Culmstock Devon
LANE Amelia Dau 1 b Culmstock Devon
LANE Thomas Servant 14 b Uffculm Devon Blacksmith

Kris
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lynnmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 November 04 08:11 GMT (UK) »
you are right with john , it was my mistake .joel was johns father. i have amended my request . but you say it is on the 1921 census.  this must be a decendant as john would have been over 100!
thanks for looking

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 November 04 08:42 GMT (UK) »
LOL.... no it is not the 1921 census (that will not even be available until after 2021-100 year rule)  This is the detail from the 1851 census for Devon...1921 is actually the piece number this is part of the reference details i provided which u require for your records (these reference number details will begin with for1841/51 HO107.... for 1861 is RG9... 1871 is RG 10 ...1881 is RG 11... 1891 is RG 12 and 1901 is RG 13...the reference details for these enties r required as proof of ancestry) the reference details r as I listed for this entry which is from the 1851 census...sorry I should have stated it was the 1851 census...my mistake

HO107/1921 Folio 681 Page 21

All the best Kris  ;D

Offline lynnmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 November 04 13:18 GMT (UK) »
thankyou,
it must be the correct family, but i wonder if amelia is really anna maria?  the birth cerificate of anna maria lane shows she was born on 25th november 1849 in culmstock.  maybe when the census was done someone might have mistook anna maria to sound/read like  amelia
thanks for finding the entry.  Was there any entry for joel lane , johns father?

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 18 November 04 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Glad it was the correct entry entry after all....U can c why I kept scratching my head and coming back to it when the father was John not Joel and the Daughter Amelia not Anna Maria.....For some reason I have seen these names interchanged in the past also I dont know if it was a case of enumerators hearing it wrong or if the names were just interchangeable....we c the same with names like Hanna Anna Nancy Ann and  Helen Ellen and Nellie being interchangeable names also...makes it very confusing when u r trying to track people particularly when it is a wife and espescially if a different Place of Birth is listed also(As they also tend to do)...it does make it so hard to work out if it is a different wife or just described differently....that is y in your case I kept returning to this particular entry....It was the John Joel that had me stumped but both beginning with a J I expected it could have been the same there with those two names and I could c the only Joel was too old...anyway here is Joels entry 4 u

HO107/1188 Folio 408 Page 25
Craddock Tiverton
Uffculme Tiverton Devonshire

LANE Joel Head 59 Mar b Uffculme Devon Ag Lab
LANE Ann Wife 60 b Uffculme Devon Ag Lab Wife

Cheers Kris  ;D

Offline lynnmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 November 04 12:41 GMT (UK) »
hi kris,
many thanks once again for your help. It gives me a bit more information to work on in my search
thanks
linda :D

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 May 05 05:07 BST (UK) »
Just doing a bit of housekeeping on the Devon Board. Are you still looking for this or have you since found the information? Just confirming if some of these older requests are still required. Kris  :D

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 22 September 05 07:49 BST (UK) »
As this is an old request and we have not heard from you I am moving it to the completed board. If you still require the lookup I would be happy to move it back to the active board for you.....Kind regards....Kris