Author Topic: Thomas, Wrighton CNS  (Read 2407 times)

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
  • 5th Generation - Noah Thomas 1874
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas, Wrighton CNS
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 December 06 20:20 GMT (UK) »
I have made a new discovery today..

1901 census
Benjamin Thomas dob 1879 pendlebury still lived at home with Lucy on
the 1901 census... Samuel Thomas brother also lived there, however new additons were Mary Ellen aged 18 and Harold Thomas aged 5mths. I cannot find Mary and Benjamin weddiing or could she have married Samual?

Lucy is now the head of the family aged 64.. but where is William dob 1836,(he might be dead) but where is Ellen THomas ( could be married now)dob 1869 Bilston and Harry Thomas dob 1865 Bilston gone? 

I have looked on the BMD and cannot find any further info... Any ideas where to look now.... Harold would of been a similar age to My great great grandma Ellen Thomas who was born in 1899....which means I could have direct cousins from this side of the family.

Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 December 06 22:17 GMT (UK) »
I have discovered that Lucy Pearson was married to another Mr Thomas before she married William, so maybe it was Samuel.. my aunt says her mum used to say that Lucy had been married to another MR THOMAS, but they didnt say his name or anything about him.. she also seems to think that the children born in Bilston were Lucys from her first marriage...

Plot thickens....
Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline benjy83

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 January 07 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Noah Thomas (their son) is my gt.gt. grandfather, and I found the same problem with "CNS" when going back through the censuses. This post is very informative!

If I manage to find out more I'll let u know; or if you have got any further, send me a message!!

Thanks,

Ben  ;D
(My Paternal Family)
Doyle - Ireland and Salford
Ralph - Salford
Clarke - Salford
Carroll - Salford

(My Maternal Family)
Davies - Swinton (Lancs) and Hanley (Staffs)
Wallwork - Swinton (Lancs)
Thomas - Swinton (Lancs)
Caxton - Swinton (Lancs)

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 January 07 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cousin Ben

I have sent you a pm message.. i have found out loads!!!!.  I have sent you the link to the website i have set up to put it all in the same place... maybe with a few heads together we can find out more.

William Thomas dad was Richard Thomas, the  mistake i was making was i was looking for William still in Wales until he was an adult, i have since found out his mum and dad moved to Bilston when William was a young boy, his mum was called Mary, but she died and Richard boarded with Sarah Cullis before marrying her.  Richard had children with Sarah. From what i can see he stayed in Bilston area but the rest of the family moved to Pendlebury to mine up here.

Have a look at the site and see if what i have found out so far matched with what you have found out....

I have been in touch with Auntie B and S, I have brought them up to speed on what i have found out and given them the link to the website.

Foggyjano x

Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws