Author Topic: McSweeney/Ryan  (Read 873 times)

Offline Leevis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McSweeney/Ryan
« on: Monday 11 December 06 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Not sure if anyone can help me but I am looking for information on my GGGParents.
My GGGrandmother was a Mary Anne McSweeney born Prescot in 1856 and her parents were a Keynan McSweeney and a Bridget Ryan. I cannot find any records of any of them in the 1861 Census or the 1871 Census although Mary Anne appears in the 1881 Census with her married name of Mary Anne Cunningham.
Anyone have any ideas on how I can find out any more information on them?
Lee

Offline teap78

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my mum Gemma Doyle 1950s
    • View Profile
Re: McSweeney/Ryan
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 December 06 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leevis, Maybe you should look for the name Kienan pronounced Key-Nan.

Colette  :)
Doyle, Mullan, Mulholland, O'Neill, McCann, Lowry, Mullen, Forsythe, Magilton, Farnan.  Banbridge Co Down , Belfast Co Antrim and Dungannon Co Tyrone .

Offline Leevis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 December 06 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that, I have looked at the UK census' 41,51,61,71 but cannot find any records of these. Not too sure if they (the parents) did actually leave Ireland, as the only records I have of them is on Mary Anne's birth certificate which has her as being born in the UK.
Strange one this, I think I have hit a brick wall.
Lee

Offline Leevis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 December 06 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Anyone fancy doing me a favour on this one. I have Mary Anne McSweeney born 1856 Prescot Lancs to a Keynan McSweeney and a Bridget Ryan.

I cannot for the life of me find any records of any of them in the census until 1881 where she is there with her married name of Mary A Cunningham (although the census says that she was born in Marylebone which is incorrect, definately the right person though).

There really should be entries for 1861 and 1871 in the census for her and also maybe her parents.

I have really hit a brick wall on this one and dont really know where to turn.

Thanks

Lee