Author Topic: Death Record of Sarah Ann Womersley  (Read 2565 times)

Offline jukey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Death Record of Sarah Ann Womersley
« on: Tuesday 16 November 04 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone give advice on tracking down the death record of Sarah Ann Womersley nee Smith who was born on the 14 Feb. 1867 in West Yorkshire but prior to her death sometime between 1943 and 1960 she was living with her daughter Elizabeth Nettleship and her family on Oak Road Scarborough N. Yorks. Any records I have seen so far bear no relation to her. Please help me to make some progress if you can.
Watson, Carr,  - County Durham.
Pearson,  Pockley (Flamborough Head), North and East Yorkshire.
Womersley, Smith, Nettleship,  - West and North Yorkshire. Mallinson West Yorkshire.

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re: Death Record of Sarah Ann Womersley
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 November 04 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Jukey,

I've looked on the NBI 2 for you but no one listed that matches your Sarah on there.

There was a Sarah Annice Waumsley 67 yrs died in 1944 in Lincs, but that was the nearest match

Fitty
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 November 04 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jukey

I had a look as promised at the electoral registers for Oak Road in Scarborough for the years 1939/40, 1945/46, 1946, 1953, 1958, 1959, 1960 and Sarah Womersley didn't appear in any of them I'm afraid.

Let me know if you find anything else out that could narrow it down a bit.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jukey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help which is very much appreciated.I cannot understand why there is no record of her in her later years but I will carry on looking for other leads.

Best wishes

jukey :)
Watson, Carr,  - County Durham.
Pearson,  Pockley (Flamborough Head), North and East Yorkshire.
Womersley, Smith, Nettleship,  - West and North Yorkshire. Mallinson West Yorkshire.