Author Topic: BREEZE & LITTLEHALES Families - St Chad's, Shropshire  (Read 3158 times)

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
BREEZE & LITTLEHALES Families - St Chad's, Shropshire
« on: Tuesday 12 December 06 22:27 GMT (UK) »
I have just been tracing back through my husband's family and have got back to a John Breeze, aged 35 on the 1841 census, bearing the title of "Rat catcher" as his profession!

His daughter, Lucy, later married John Littlehales (and subsequently Herbert Jones, after john's demise).

They seem to have settled in the area of St.Chad's, although the decendent we are linked to moved to Edmonton, Middx before the 1901 census.

If anyone has information or links to this family I would be pleased to hear from them. ;D
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Breeze and Littlehales families, St Chad's, Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 December 06 01:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stoney. :) :)

I got Littlehales in my lot, Try looking at the villiage of Pontesbury, or Berrington, :) :) :)

Pete :) :)
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
Re: Breeze and Littlehales families, St Chad's, Shropshire
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 December 06 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Pete, I'll give them a try!  8)
Beattie, Beveridge, Carson, Davidson, Hounam, Johnston,  Purdon, Rae, Stevenson, - Scotland.  Brown, Bulman, Cooke, Harding, Meyers, Osborne, Routledge - England

Offline minmitchell

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BREEZE & LITTLEHALES Families - St Chad's, Shropshire
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 September 10 21:59 BST (UK) »
Hello,

In the late 1990's I did my family tree and I am very probably related to you as I am a direct decendant of John Breeze the rat catcher and Lucy. My  great grandmother was Bertha Selina Jones who was one Herbert's daughters.

Bertha married a soldier from the Copthorne barracks and moved to Manchester.

I am not sure how far you have gotten with your research  as this posting is sometime ago.

regards,

Ian

Offline stoney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mum, bless her!
    • View Profile
Re: BREEZE & LITTLEHALES Families - St Chad's, Shropshire
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 September 10 19:34 BST (UK) »
Ian - how exciting!

It's my husband's family that are linked to John Breeze! I shall have to dig out that bit of the 'tree' and I'll PM you to compare notes!

Thanks,

Stoney ;)