Author Topic: Marriage 1792 Lookup Request in Wigan  (Read 1071 times)

Offline lesleystree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Marriage 1792 Lookup Request in Wigan
« on: Saturday 16 December 06 13:00 GMT (UK) »
I hope I am posting this in the right place,

I'm looking for a lookup for the following marriage if this is possible:

Roger Taylor and Ann Winrow on 5 August 1792 in Wigan

I found these details on familysearch.org. They had been submitted by a member of the LDS church.

If anyone does have access to these details, would it possible to jot down the reference so that if I ever do get to Wigan, I can request a print of it .

I am hoping that he will be a joiner. I found the following details of their children on familysearch too:

MARY TAYLOR
  10 OCT 1793 christened 03 NOV 1793 Wigan, Lancashire, England

JOHN TAYLOR - born  13 JUN 1803  Christening: 26 JUN 1803 Wigan, Lancashire, England

ELIZAB. TAYLOR Birth: 21 APR 1801 Christening: 14 MAY 1801 Wigan, Lancashire, England

ALICE TAYLOR Birth: 10 SEP 1795  03 OCT 1795 Wigan, Lancashire, England Death: 24 MAR 1796

ANN TAYLOR
- Birth: 14 OCT 1798 Christening: 28 OCT 1798 Wigan, Lancashire, England

JAMES TAYLOR - Gender: Male Christening: 07 NOV 1810 Wigan, Lancashire, England

WILLIAM TAYLOR Birth: 12 OCT 1805 Christening: 31 OCT 1805 Wigan, Lancashire, England

TIMOTHY TAYLOR - Birth: 24 NOV 1807 Christening: 20 DEC 1807 Wigan, Lancashire, England

Thank you in advance.

Offline SandraC

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Isabella Annie with Brenda
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage 1792 Lookup Request in Wigan
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 December 06 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley

If no one can help you, it may be worth contacting the Wigan Council Family History Centre.

I emailed them with some baptism requests for Wigan All Saints 1837-1845 & they photocopied & mailed them to me at 95p per copy + postage & they arrived within a week.

They can be contacted at heritage@wlct.org or look on their website http://www.wlct.org/Culture/Heritage/fhistory.htm

Good luck
SandraC
Researching Clark, Holt, Threlfall, Platt, Walker, Bowers, Culshaw in Manchester, Salford, Ormskirk & Southport.
Also, Craggs, Hamer, Sampson, Hesketh, McNamara, Hodson.

All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lesleystree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 December 06 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley

If no one can help you, it may be worth contacting the Wigan Council Family History Centre.

I emailed them with some baptism requests for Wigan All Saints 1837-1845 & they photocopied & mailed them to me at 95p per copy + postage & they arrived within a week.

They can be contacted at heritage@wlct.org or look on their website http://www.wlct.org/Culture/Heritage/fhistory.htm

Good luck
SandraC

Thanks Sandra C. Are they able to give you baptism prints without the exact church or reference? Unfortunately these details were submitted by someone who is a member of the LDS and didn't provide the church name.

Thanks again

Offline SandraC

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Isabella Annie with Brenda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 16 December 06 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley

Looking at the entries that come up on the IGI for your Taylors it states "Parish Church" which is what it said for my Halls.  I had a look on genuki http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LAN/Wigan/AllSaints.shtml & it looks like All Saints is the Parish Church & has been around since 1580s.

I think if you emailed them & explained where your information was from they would advise what they were able to offer / cost etc.  They seem very helpful.

Good luck
SandraC
Researching Clark, Holt, Threlfall, Platt, Walker, Bowers, Culshaw in Manchester, Salford, Ormskirk & Southport.
Also, Craggs, Hamer, Sampson, Hesketh, McNamara, Hodson.

All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lesleystree

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 December 06 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley

Looking at the entries that come up on the IGI for your Taylors it states "Parish Church" which is what it said for my Halls.  I had a look on genuki http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/LAN/Wigan/AllSaints.shtml & it looks like All Saints is the Parish Church & has been around since 1580s.

I think if you emailed them & explained where your information was from they would advise what they were able to offer / cost etc.  They seem very helpful.

Good luck
SandraC

Thanks Sandra

Have a lovely Christmas :)