Author Topic: Looking for a death  (Read 7420 times)

Offline Michael Dixon

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a death
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 23 December 06 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Jo,

I do not like the idea of us saying, when we can't find folk, that enumerator missed them or they laid low etc.

But those 1+5 Gorringes are sure hard to find, in Lincs, Co Durham, all England etc... and using search criteria, of various permutations of first names and birthplaces and ages... ????

Michael Dixon.
Names.

GALLAGHER ( + variations).
Areas. Co Sligo, Co Leitrim, Co Mayo. IRELAND.
Ontario, CANADA
Lowell, Ma, USA
Counties of Northumberland & Durham, ENGLAND
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MALEY/MELIA/MALLEY  - with or without " O "
Westport Co Mayo. Northumberland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
DIXON
Cumberland.. Brampton, Carlisle, ENGLAND

Census information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.

Offline Fibrokitty

• RootsChat Member
  • Who will tell your story when you're gone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 13:50 BST (UK) »
im not sure if anyone comes back to this thread, naughty George Gorringe (as I call him haha) was my 3rd great grandfather...it is brilliant to read peoples thoughts on it all, and to read it all I will have to get a strong cup of coffee to make sense of it :) my granddad Tommy gorringe is still alive and we live in the Bolton/wigan area x
Banks
Atherton
Yates
Pearson
Gorringe
Young
Dickinson
Bowling
Briscoe

Offline Lincslass

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 09:50 BST (UK) »
im not sure if anyone comes back to this thread, naughty George Gorringe (as I call him haha) was my 3rd great grandfather...it is brilliant to read peoples thoughts on it all, and to read it all I will have to get a strong cup of coffee to make sense of it :) my granddad Tommy gorringe is still alive and we live in the Bolton/wigan area x

I am the original OP and dastardly George was my 2nd gt grandfather. As he was your 3rd, I am assuming your 3 x gt Grandmother was Sarah Douglas.

So long ago that I posted this, but thankfully any reply posted, and I get an E mail. I would love to share my tree with you and discuss George. I found Margaret Janes death BTW. She did indeed marry a John Collinge in 1913 and she died in 1920. Though I have never found her in 1911. I have done a lot more to my tree in the 6 + years and have gone back a further 3 generations on the Gorringe side.

Nice to find another 2nd cousin.

Offline Fibrokitty

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 10:01 BST (UK) »
I have just been back onto the gorringe side of my tree (iv been neglecting it for a while), I think you are the very helpful lady who I spoke to in February regarding the gorringe/muckelles drama, I am from the gorringe/muckelles line, then from there down from each of the Thomas gorringes. I have found a lot of Gorringes in Kent etc and I have always wondered if there will be a link, and there is :). I am wondering, do you have any pictures of any gorringes? x
Banks
Atherton
Yates
Pearson
Gorringe
Young
Dickinson
Bowling
Briscoe

Offline Lincslass

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 19:02 BST (UK) »
I have just been back onto the gorringe side of my tree (iv been neglecting it for a while), I think you are the very helpful lady who I spoke to in February regarding the gorringe/muckelles drama, I am from the gorringe/muckelles line, then from there down from each of the Thomas gorringes. I have found a lot of Gorringes in Kent etc and I have always wondered if there will be a link, and there is :). I am wondering, do you have any pictures of any gorringes? x

Hi again. Yes indeed, I think we have been in touch via Ancestry and If I am correct I have access to your tree and visa versa. Though I cannot recall which tree is yours as I have a share of a few. The only pictures I have of the Gorringes are on the other post you posted on yesterday, of my grandfather b 1895 George Edward and his grandfather George b 1843. But I do have is wedding photograph , boxing day 1921. Of course there is a photo of my mum who is my icon for this board. Yes they did stem from Kent and Sussex too, earlier on. Nice to chat again. PM me if you need to.

Offline Fibrokitty

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 29 February 20 14:38 GMT (UK) »
I know it has been years...again! I keep ending up back to this thread when on my Gorringe side. In the past few years i have found information and quite a few newspaper articles regarding what happened with George and Margaret, she had an affair whilst he was at sea and ran off with a married man (who left her whilst whilst she suffered with Tubercuosis in which he got imprisoned for abandoning). She shipped all the furniture to Newport in her new mans name and took 2 of the children and left several with a neighbour. Upon George arriving home he reported the incident and they got caught. This happened mid 1884 and James Rowden was born Oct 1885....very very possible he isnt Georges, im not sure what happened to their relationship straight after what had happened, but evidently George remarried in 1890...maybe they rekindled for a short time who knows! Hope you're well, maybe you have this information already.
Banks
Atherton
Yates
Pearson
Gorringe
Young
Dickinson
Bowling
Briscoe

Offline Sweetpea368

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 11 October 20 16:53 BST (UK) »
Hiya, I think Lincslass may be related to me! Is there anyway they can connect with me?

Offline Sweetpea368

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 11 October 20 17:01 BST (UK) »
Margaret Muckells would be my GGG Grandmother I believe, there’s a few people on this side of the family that would definitely be related to Lincslass in some way. I don’t have access to PMs though, it won’t let me send any.

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 12 October 20 05:40 BST (UK) »
Sweat Pea,

It might be that you have to make 3 replies or entries, right now you are at 2.  Reply to this and you should be able to send a PM.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk