Author Topic: Barking up the wrong tree?  (Read 2024 times)

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Barking up the wrong tree?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 November 04 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tabitha, 

cats have already got names so I guess I will have to keep them they are 14mths old  Pud & Rosy!!!

so far not a lot of luck with the beavans

found the marriage of Ann & Thomas ref Dec 1858 newent Glous vol 6a page 436 but you already have that,

did find Edward on the 1891living in Ledbury
Edward Beavan  head  M  33 ag lab born Dymock
Hannah Beavan wife  M  29               born Ledbury
Emily Beavan  Daug  S  6 Scholar       born Ledbury
Ada Beavan    Daug   S  4                   born Ledbury

off to try again   sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tabitha

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 November 04 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi sandie,

Have Puds & Rosy settleing in now?? ;D We've got two Esmeralda (she'a a geriatric now at 17 and just snoozes and bats the other Tabitha who's 6 months....Tabitha just chases our two labradors around all day!!

Just for your info Edward Beavan (emma's son) was listed in all census prior to 1891 as Edward Watkins!! This was the surname of the chap Emma married in 1858. She conveniently decided to call herself Emily from when she married and said she was from Blaenavon!! All lies (what a surprise!!) After endless searches I found her born in Radnorshire, hence the search now for Ann & her husbands, family etc.!

Thanks for taking the time to try to help me on this one :)
tabitha
Bevan, Hill, Tustin, Watkins, Teague (Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Rockett, Lillycrap, Govett, Gready, Saunders (Somerset). Sussex, Smale (Devon). Oliver, Kennedy, Cummings, Wright (Co. Durham). Farish (Cumberland, Scotland). Cox (London, Middlessex, Buckinghamshire).

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 November 04 22:58 GMT (UK) »
havent collected Pud & Rosy yet  this sunday after party we will fetch them, thought lots of people might just disturb them ;)

sounds like you have a houseful !

will try some more research on your family after weekend when I have recovered ;D

sandie
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk