Author Topic: Marriage 1854-1861 GIBLETT  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Alex Walker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Marriage 1854-1861 GIBLETT
« on: Thursday 21 December 06 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I wonder if anyone would be able to check a possible marriage in probably St Helier between a John Giblett and Elizabeth A ??.  It would have been between 1854 and 1861 (they are living together as man and wife and in Temple Crescent, St Helier in the 1861 census.  John's second wife died in 1854 hence the narrowing of the dates)  Neither were born in the Channel Islands, he was born in Somerset c 1808 and she was born in Blackawton, Devon c1820, and they were lodging house keepers on Jersey for some 20 years after.  I can't find any trace of a marriage in England hence the request.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Happy Christmas to all!

Cheers

Alex
 :D
Kent - Aldington, Bredhurst, Chatham, Gillingham, Hollingbourne, Lynsted, Newington, Rainham, Ramsgate, Smeeth, Snodland, Stockbury, Teynham, Upchurch<br />Surrey - Croydon<br />Sussex - Hellingly, Limspfield<br />Names - Chambers, Flynn, Giblett, Hart, Hodgman, Goldsmith, Lacy, Tucker, Hales, Callaway, Hubbard, Mudge, Wills, Barnden

Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage 1854-1861 GIBLETT
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 17:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Alex

Was working my way through the latest requests when I saw nobody had answered your question. Hope that you still require the information.

There is a marriage for a John Giblett in St Helier Parish Church in the volume Aug 1859 to June 1863 on Page 23.

The is also a marriage for Elizabeth Adams Harvey on the same page (but there is also Elizabeth Wright on the same page).

You need to contact the Registrars Office of you want a copy of the certificate, details of which are at:

www.gov.je/homeaffairs/registrar

Sorry it took so long and hope you had a good Christmas!!

Stewart

Offline Alex Walker

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage 1854-1861 GIBLETT
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 17:54 BST (UK) »
Oh fantastic, thank you so much, I have something to go on which is wonderful.

Thanks again

Alex

PS Christmas was great, am planning the next one!  :D
Kent - Aldington, Bredhurst, Chatham, Gillingham, Hollingbourne, Lynsted, Newington, Rainham, Ramsgate, Smeeth, Snodland, Stockbury, Teynham, Upchurch<br />Surrey - Croydon<br />Sussex - Hellingly, Limspfield<br />Names - Chambers, Flynn, Giblett, Hart, Hodgman, Goldsmith, Lacy, Tucker, Hales, Callaway, Hubbard, Mudge, Wills, Barnden

Census information contained in this post is Crown copyright:  www.NationalArchives.gov.uk