Author Topic: Haworth Photo Album  (Read 1411 times)

Offline garethgriffiths

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Member Gwynedd Cheshire Family History Societies
    • View Profile
Haworth Photo Album
« on: Thursday 21 December 06 21:43 GMT (UK) »
I noted this photo album for sale on ebay, it looks too good to miss out on for someone if they are connected to this family.  (Its not me selling it!)

OLD PHOTO ALBUM 1893 TURNBULL / HAWORTH NEWCASTLE
see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLD-PHOTO-ALBUM-1893-TURNBULL-HAWORTH-NEWCASTLE_W0QQitemZ320048146822QQihZ011QQcategoryZ26265QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320048146822

Description-
A superb Victorian photo album dated 1893 containing 42 cabinet photographs. The album is bound in a plush plum-coloured velvet with heavy metal clasp and metal escutcheon which is engraved 'Presented to Miss M Turnbull on the Occasion of her Marriage, from her friend Miss A Haworth, Xmas 1893'. Further to this all I can confirm is that the album was acquired in the North-East of England / Newcastle area and that I believe all the photos to be of the same family / friends circle.
There are a total of 18 board-pages, the first of which is titled 'THE PRESENTATION SONG ALBUM'. The remaining pages have coloured lithographed ornamental graphics one side and are plain the other so the album has alternate decorated and plain boards. The front-page is inscribed in pencil from Miss Haworth to Miss Turnbull. The photos themselves are all of people and include babies, children, adults, housekeepers / servants and a clergyman.

Hope someone is succesful,
regards Gareth
GRIFFITHS - Llandudno/Eglwysbach/Glan Conwy/BetwsYCoed/Llanbeblig/Caernarvon
BLEYTHIN - Llanbeblig
EVANS - Eglwysbach
JONES - Conwy/Llanrwst/TalYBont/Rowen
KEMP - Middlesbrough/Southport/Ainderby Quernhow/Kilburn/Sutton/North Riding
BONNER - Middlesbrough/Walsall/Escombe/South Hylton/Westoning, SMITH
TAYLOR/ORTH - Middlesbrough/Southport
TURNOCK - StokeOnTrent Goldenhill, Odd Rode/Astbury, Cheshire
TUNSTALL/WILCOX/DOYLE/BOYLE - Stoke on Trent (Goldenhill)
HARP - Fenton
ROGERS/STANTON - Chester