Author Topic: 1883 Baptisms St John's Cathedral Salford  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Jack D

• RootsChat Extra
  • Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!
    • View Profile
1883 Baptisms St John's Cathedral Salford
« on: Thursday 21 December 06 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi all.    Does anyone know where the 1883 baptism records for St John's Cathedral Salford would be kept now?  I'm trying to trace baptism of my grandmother, Honora Beckley.

Thanks.

Jack D :)
WINN, FOWLER, DE LA CRUZ, BECKLEY, EDWARDS - Liverpool. NEELEY, Limavady, Co. Londonderry.  HAYES, Ireland. HADWAY, Lancashire and Dublin. BECKLEY, TUNKS, WOOD, RUSSELL - West Midlands.  JOHNSON, NEWPORT, FIDLER, KELLER, EDWARDS, DAVIS - Bristol.  WILLIAMS, Mochdre, Montgomeryshire. BLACKBURN, ROOKING - Lancashire and Westmoreland.

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1883 Baptisms St John's Cathedral Salford
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 December 06 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Is that the R.C catherdral?if so they have the records at the Lancashire Records Office.If you are in no hurry I will do a look up for you but it will be towards the end of January due to having a knee op next week.Please send me a PM in about 5 weeks if you haven't got the answer to your request

Dotty
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jack D

• RootsChat Extra
  • Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!
    • View Profile
Re: 1883 Baptisms St John's Cathedral Salford
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 December 06 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks a lot Dotty.  I believe it was the RC cathedral as her mother was from Ireland and brought her daughter up to be a Catholic.

The information I have for my grandmother is this:

Honora (or Honoria) Beckley.  Born 21st April 1883.  Baptised St Johns Cathedral Salford 30th April 1883.   

I was hoping that there might be some clue as to whereabouts they lived in the area and if possible where in Ireland her mother came from.

Mother was Catherine Hayes, father Elijah Beckley.  Can't find a marriage for them though.

If I' still stuck in 5 weeks I'll contact.

I appreciate your intervention.  Good luck with your operation and best wishes for Christmas and New Year.

John
WINN, FOWLER, DE LA CRUZ, BECKLEY, EDWARDS - Liverpool. NEELEY, Limavady, Co. Londonderry.  HAYES, Ireland. HADWAY, Lancashire and Dublin. BECKLEY, TUNKS, WOOD, RUSSELL - West Midlands.  JOHNSON, NEWPORT, FIDLER, KELLER, EDWARDS, DAVIS - Bristol.  WILLIAMS, Mochdre, Montgomeryshire. BLACKBURN, ROOKING - Lancashire and Westmoreland.