Author Topic: What info is on 1855 English Death Cert???  (Read 1911 times)

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: What info is on 1855 English Death Cert???
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 December 06 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible he is living with a relative?  Sister maybe?  Worth a thought.
Andrea

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 25 December 06 00:16 GMT (UK) »
1841 HO107/51/8 fol.3 p.2  Hamlet of Littleworth, Bucks
Isaac Randle  35 Ag. Lab  Y
Mary     "        25               N
Mary     "        13               Y
Joseph  "       10                Y
James   "         7                Y
Jerimiah  "       3                Y
Jesse      " (male) 1           Y
Alfred Brown   5                Y

1851 HO107/1722 fol.161 p.27/28  King st, Stewkley, Bucks
Isac Randell  head 46  Straw and Straw Hat /Merchant   Wing, Bucks
Mary       "       wife  34  Preparin straw /plating           Grove, Bucks
Mary       "       dau  23      "             "                            Wing     "
Joseph    "      son  20   Farm Labourer                            "        "
James     "        "    17       "           "                                 "         "
Jessy      "        "    13   Pickin straws                               "         "
Sept (?)  "        "    10   Straw plater (plaiter?)                 "         "
Phebey   "      dau   7          "       "                                   "         "
Isac        "       son  4          "        "                              Stewkley   "
Eliza       "       dau   3                                                        "         "
Emma     "         "    5 months                                             "        "

Barbara   :)

`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline bates

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 25 December 06 00:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks barbara

So I guess you are saying that from Sept down to Emma they are the second wife's children to Isaac. 

I was trying to locate where I found the info about Phoebe marrying Isaac.  I think it may actually be in this website somewhere.  :D

I have also sent emails to a few extended family members who have been of help previously.

I will have to get the map out and have a look at where these places are!

thanks
tanya    8)
bates (marsworth and drayton parslow) campbell (derrylard and loughgall) connell (paisley) cunningham (west lothian) macauley (liverpool, accrington and bacup) templeman (somerset)

Offline bates

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 December 06 05:03 GMT (UK) »
Barbara and Andrea
 I found this post in another area from tazzie

---
Following on from my p.m about possible parents, there are 3 earlier marriages in Marsworth dependant on the spelling of the name.....

as transcribed...

Wm Ellyott & Suzan Baite     15 Nov 1602
Wm Roffin & Elizab.Bate          2 May 1605
Hen Tredway of Tring & Eliz Bate 11 Feb 1712.

Then big jump in time to....

John Bates & Susan Chantrel 26 Dec 1779 ( poss for parents)
Wm Bates & Mary Timpson 3 June 1805.

Have looked through Cheddington which is very close and there seem to be more there. Pitstone also has a couple.
As I said the film I tried to read in M.K was very poor .
If you contact BFHS they may have all of Marsworth Birth Deaths & Marriages transcribed. I was able to buy Chearsley parish records in book form last year and I was able to go back into the 1600's ..well worth my £5.

Tazzie

i guess the thing that interests me - is are we really just guessing at John Bates and Sarah Chantrel???  I looked on a map at the other towns around Marsworth and there are so many not to mention the fact that it is near the herts border. 

thanks for all your help with this
tanya :D
bates (marsworth and drayton parslow) campbell (derrylard and loughgall) connell (paisley) cunningham (west lothian) macauley (liverpool, accrington and bacup) templeman (somerset)