Author Topic: SWAIN  (Read 10080 times)

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
SWAIN
« on: Thursday 28 December 06 16:17 GMT (UK) »
I am researching SWAIN of Liverpool. I have quite a lot of material to share with any other Swain seekers.
Potty Dotty ;D
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: SWAIN
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 February 08 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Potty Dotty,

Two Swains and one Swaine from Belfast signed the Ulster Covenant in 1912.

Esward Swain, 1, Urney Street, Belfast
Henry Swain, 69, Albertbridge Road, Belfast (He signed in Liverpool)
Anna Swaine, 3, Mount Collyer Crescent, Alexandra Park, Belfast

Christopher

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 June 09 02:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Potty Dotty,

I am researching my husbands  Swain family came from Cheshire, also New Brighton area, and the Middlesex

Barbara

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 June 09 08:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Barbara,
I am not sure where my SWAIN family started but I have been able to trace them from 1766 in Liverpool. My particular branch Walter SWAIN moved to Wallasey about 1860. His son Henry was one of the councillers who started the Guinea Gap Swimming pool. I went to see it and the old homes last year and it is still well used.
Other branches  of the family went to various parts of Cheshire, Lancs and Middlesex.
Please let me know if we do have rellies in common.   ::)  If you send me a private email we could exchange private addresses and I can send you more of my tree.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Wilson, Manchester & Stockport;  Swain, Liverpool, Stockport & Wallasey;  Taylor, Liverpool;  Hitchen, Liverpool and  Northwich. Bradwell of Bradwell, Derbys.

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Potty Dotty,
Thankyou for your reply, I know that my husband's grandfather or Aunt lived in New Brighton.  My husband's family had a hairdressing business in Enfield Middlesex before migrating to Australia. My email address is (*)
Barbara

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 June 09 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara,
Sorry no e-addresses on the page you have to make it a PM.  ::)
If you give me some of your SWAIN family names and dates I might be able to help.  ;D
Potty

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 July 09 02:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Potty Dotty,
Thanks for your reply, my father-in-law Joseph Edward Swain was b 18 Jul 1908 Chester Castle Cheshire I think he had a brother James no dates for him and their father was William Henry Swain no date also for him
Sorry I have very little info.
Barbara

Offline pottydotty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 July 09 15:35 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have found a Joseph Edward SWAIN dob 1908 Chester but then I have a problem William Henry SWAIN - I have two; one in Stockport, Cheshire Mar 1876 and another in Holborn Jun 1889. The first one would be 32 when his son was born the other 19. I do think you will have to buy Joseph Edward's birth cert to find out who his mother was and then perhaps we can find a marriage which would give a clue to which, if either, W H we are talking about.
Sorry I haven't been a bit more help - yet! never give up!

Offline babs7

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 07:30 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have found a Joseph Edward SWAIN dob 1908 Chester but then I have a problem William Henry SWAIN - I have two; one in Stockport, Cheshire Mar 1876 and another in Holborn Jun 1889. The first one would be 32 when his son was born the other 19. I do think you will have to buy Joseph Edward's birth cert to find out who his mother was and then perhaps we can find a marriage which would give a clue to which, if either, W H we are talking about.
Sorry I haven't been a bit more help - yet! never give up!
Thanks for all your help and I will just have to get the certificate
Barbara